1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Radio station/music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rye_encoke, Sep 5, 2014.

1. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

Apparently there is a way to basically turn off the music in the current stations and add your own music into the stations.....does anyone have a link that tells me how to do this or able to put up instructions for me? I would like to not have to listen to the music they have now, and put in all my own stuff.

[​IMG]

this....but no clue how to do it.

2. Coblin King

Coblin King

There are folders for custom music in that Electronic Arts folder where the save games are. Should be located in your documents. (for me is in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music, but I'm using Windows XP)

I haven't tried adding music yet. I suggest putting an MP3 in one of the radiostation subfolders located over there. Should automatically add that MP3 to the station, though I'm only guessing.;)

3. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

okay will give that a try....but what about the "and turn off the current songs" part? There is nothing in those folders at the moment so how do I turn off the preloaded songs? Or will just tossing in music make them "custom" and so turn off the preloaded

edit: I am actually not lazy or unwilling to try this on my own...just I am away from my computer for the weekend and so am unable to try it on my own.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  4. Coblin King

Coblin King

Check out the options menu in the game. You can change the songs from there.

5. SpyderArachnid

SpyderArachnid

Don't forget to actually listen to the stations in game to have it generate the folders for you (Pop, Alternative, Blues, etc).

But yeah, you can put any MP3 in the folders. No more having to do conversions for certain bitrates or anything like that. Just toss it in the folder and good to go.