1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Davenport - my first legacy

Discussion in 'Stories and Legacies' started by Pyziulka, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

Meet Annabell Davenport. She is an orphan - father left before she was born and mom died when she was just few months. She grew up in orphanage where she had just one friend - old Ms Brown. She was a cook there and the only reason Annabell didn't run off. Ms Brown showed Annabell how to cook and taught her that better ingredients means better food. That's why gardening and cooking are two passions Annabell has. Unfortunately Ms Brown died just before Annabell's 18th birthday. She left Annabell a bit of money - just enough to start new life in new city. And this is when we meet Annabell.

[​IMG]

She just finished high-school. All she want is to have family on her own. I hope she will find true love and some happiness ;)

[​IMG]

I decided to make Equality - First Born - Traditional legacy but may change mt mind. Still have 5 days till game ;)

Maureen likes this.
  2. Reuta

Reuta

She is so cute :p
    Good luck with the legacy challenge :)

3. Maureen

Maureen

I love her story! I hope you post updates :)

4. Catsza

Catsza

Oooh that backstory is so creative, a little sad for the heroine, but very original! With TS4 I will be trying my hand on the legacy challenge for the first time, too! I can't wait for Annabell's story to begin ;)

5. George

George

Her story sounds very interesting. I hope you give us updates of your legacy in the future :)

6. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

Thank you all. I like to have back-story to all my sims I create since they "just appear from nowhere" ;) I don't like the fact that created sims have no family tree, that's why most of my sims have tragic history to explain that. I know there is no family tree in TS4 (biggest "no no" along with no toddlers - in my opinion) and I hope they will add it soon via patch or EP :D

TS4 will be on September 4th in Poland and I have Wednesday and Thursday off work so I hope I will be able to find this game on 3rd and play a bit ;) I still have to take care of my almost 1 year old son and cook diner etc, but maybe he will let me play :D I try to update here when I can ;)

There is only one thing I don't really like in Legacy - starting on biggest empty lot with only bed. I love play poor sims - I always do!. But this first few sim-days with only bed, toilet and stove put on lot just looks weird and unrealistic. So I decided to built small room - 3x4 with door and window - which in TS3 would cost about 1000 simoleons and leave me with enough money for cheapest bed and maybe something extra ;) I hope it will be possible in TS4 - we will see :)

Mitchi32 and Reuta like this.
  7. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

As promised - little update ;)

On her 18th birthday Annabell opened a letter from Ms Brown and she couldn't believe. Ms Brown bought her small piece of land in nearby town, just before she died. Ms Brown new she was dying and sold everything she own so she could help this poor child in her life. Annabell took all she had - so just some clothes and 1800 simoleons in cash - and went to Willow Creek. This is what she saw in her new place in a world:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_01-48 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Place was beautiful and she fell in love right away. But she needed place to sleep. She didn't need much - just some walls and roof. She spent almost all her money and build little "house" without even a window. But is was hers and she was so proud!

[​IMG]04.09.2014_01-58 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]04.09.2014_01-59 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

She didn't have money to paint it but she didn't care. Annabell new that it won't be forever ans soon she will have real home. She didn't have kitchen or toilet so she asked in nearby gum if she can use their shower and they didn't see any problem with that. She even found nice grill place where she meet lovely people who give her some hotdogs. She found job in restaurant - cleaning dishes but at least something connected to cooking! She din't have much free time but on her day off she like to go to park:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_02-06 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

or to club:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_02-25 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

But all she wanted was somebody she could share her life with. She didn't know that her true love is so close. Her neighbor Travis Scott had his eye on her for a while. He was amazed how well she is doing with so little. One day when he visit her Annabell decided to make first move and:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_03-29-2 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

He moved in soon after. Travis wants to be a tech guru and his paycheck is big enough to make their house a bit bigger. They even get shower and toilet, although no proper bathroom yet. Annabell works till 2am so Travis let her sleep in morings while he take care of stuff:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_04-53 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

He loved every minute he spent with Annabel so one day in park...

[​IMG]04.09.2014_05-00-2 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]04.09.2014_05-03 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

They decided to wait with wedding till they have more money. Right now everything they get they spend on their house. After they got promotion they finally bulldoze old "house" and build this:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_09-54-2 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]04.09.2014_10-25 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Finally some windows and paint ;)

But they wanted to start family. Annabell said they need a bit more money and have proper bedroom first. They hardly have enough to pay bills now, and power was shut down once. Soon Travis got promoted and they have money to make bedroom.

[​IMG]04.09.2014_13-01-4 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]04.09.2014_13-01-3 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Annabell started small garden because it reminded her of Ms Brown.

[​IMG]04.09.2014_13-15-3 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Now she was ready to start family:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_16-37 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

She even got promotion just before she told her boss about pregnancy so she was hopping for small nursery. Her dream come true, but she din't have time to finish it before her son Billy was born

[​IMG]04.09.2014_18-14 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

This is how their home looks like now:

[​IMG]04.09.2014_18-22 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Travis just become an adult and Annabell birthday is soon.

to be continued - I hope ;)

uhleeshuh likes this.
  8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Wow really nice! So how did they eat with out a fridge? In the beginning?
    Can't wait to see more!

9. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

There are grills in park and at the back of library/gym/club/museum neighborhood. She didn't even have to cook herself - there was always somebody making hotdogs or burgers and they were more than willing to share ;) She cook diner in Travis place once ;) It was hard to complete daily task in cooking career (cook 4 meals) but Travis's old roommates didn't mind her cooing for them whole day ;) For me it is way more realistic than putting high-end bed and fridge on empty lot.

10. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

A lot had happen in Annabell's family since my last post.

Billy grow up so fast and Travis couldn't believe it's time for school already. He talk with his son a lot trying to show Billy that school is fun but it was Travis who need convincing.

[​IMG]06.09.2014_05-40 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

He was afraid that Billy will have horrible time just like he had. But even though Billy is like his father - very clever and probably the smartest kid at school - there is "no bully" policy at school so no problem there. Billy works hard to improves his grades and have fun making experiments after school. He want's to be "rocket scientist" when he grows up - we will see if that happen ;)

[​IMG]07.09.2014_09-06 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]07.09.2014_09-07 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Annabell works long hours so she hardly have time for Billy, but try to read him whenever she can. Billy really likes it and he fill that mom is his best friend ;)

[​IMG]07.09.2014_09-18 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

On her day off Annabell decided to go to the gym. She doesn't mind few pounds that she gain during pregnancy, but she wanted to stay fit for her husband and son. First she visited gym in Oasis Spring but didn't really like it. People there wasn't very friendly. She worked hard but the only result was sore muscles.

[​IMG]07.09.2014_09-39 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

So next days she went to Willow Creek gym and she made friend right away.

[​IMG]07.09.2014_08-58 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

She promised herself that she will be here on her every day off. But she really had to hurry up home because Billy would get back home from school any minute now. She get back home just in time to see that Billy is very sad:

[​IMG]07.09.2014_11-13 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Turns out that he made mistake on his test and teacher didn't let him correct it. Annabell told him that one grade is not that important but Billy was still sad. She knew wat will cheer him up - trip to the park ;) Billy run toward playground very fast so she knew he will be fine.

[​IMG]07.09.2014_15-12 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Annabell decide to call Travis to meet them in park after work and they all had hotdogs for diner

[​IMG]07.09.2014_10-05 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

[​IMG]07.09.2014_10-11 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Billy had such a great time with his friend Adam that he really didn't want to get back home.

[​IMG]07.09.2014_15-19-2 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

When they get back home Annabell told Travis that she wants another child. He really like this idea, but Annabell said that what she want to do is to adopt little girl. She wants to give her chance she never get - loving home. Travis agreed but he knew it won't be easy. They may not get accepted since they don't earn much and their living situation is not ideal. But they wanted to try anyway. They filled up papers and wait. In mean time Travis tries to not think about it and he spent time either at work or at home searching for info on forums. He even made friends and get some postcards from Isla Paradiso and Apollosia Plains ;)

[​IMG]07.09.2014_16-51 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

Annabell on the other hand talk a lot to her friend and hoped for the best. One day she asked her over and cooked garlic noodles for her.

[​IMG]07.09.2014_11-06 by Pyziulka, on Flickr

She introduced her to Eliza Pankaces and they soon become friends too. She didn't now then that Eliza's husband Bob works in he restaurant and they look for new cook. Eliza told him about great noodles Annabell made and.. she got the job! Now not only they have money to expand their home but they will be bale to adopt! Whole family is very happy now :D