1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting/Uninstalling Expansion Packs?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Duck, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Duck

Duck

Okay, so, I'm new here. Sorry if I make a mistake or anything.

I haven't played the Sims 4 in a while, but this is really annoying.

My expansion/stuff packs I own are: Outdoor Retreat, Get Together, Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Get To Work.

So, as you may imagine, its laggy. Really laggy.

I looked up how to delete or uninstall (preferably uninstall) the one's I didn't care about too much, or the laggier ones. I found out that the safest way is to reinstall the whole game, and you can then pick the packs you want to keep.

I didn't mind, so I did what it said. I chose the packs I wanted, and I waited.

(NOTE: Before reading on, the only packs I chose to keep were Get To Work and Kitchen Stuff.)
    When it was all done, I opened the game and I got a message saying:

"There are packs downloading, you will get a notification when they are done. You will have to restart the game to play them."

I was really confused, I only clicked two that I wanted to actually use.

I played for an hour or so, and, as it predicted, I got notifications saying: Outdoor Retreat is completed! Restart the game to play! Get Together is completed! etc. etc.

I restarted the game to see if it was just a bug or something, but they were installed. My game lagged out to the point where I couldn't play it anymore.

Can someone please help? I am getting a new laptop soon, but if I log into my Origin account, it will obviously know what games and packs I have.

Please help!

Thanks.