1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Do sims 4 weddings work for anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kalibobali, Aug 11, 2015.

Do guests sit down at your weddings? Do you see the wedding cake when they feed it to each other?

1. Guests Sit

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Cake Cutting Animation Works

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Neither Feature Works

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I have never actually seen the wedding animations work in my game at all and i'm wondering if this is a big problem or if everything in my game is just glitched for some unknown reason. I have never been able to get guests to sit down at weddings. I've tried every seating arrangement i can think of. I've been really wanting this fixed because absolutely nothing about weddings works for me. I have never actually seen the wedding cake animation at all. The sims grab the plate then set it down and kinda feed each other with invisible forks and that's it. It's very disappointing. Idk if Sims 4 just doesn't run on my computer or if it's this bad for everyone? I guess i'll do a poll. Who actually has working weddings?

2. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I have never actually seen the wedding animations work in my game at all and i'm wondering if this is a big problem or if everything in my game is just glitched for some unknown reason. I have never been able to get guests to sit down at weddings. I've tried every seating arrangement i can think of. I've been really wanting this fixed because absolutely nothing about weddings works for me. I have never actually seen the wedding cake animation at all. The sims grab the plate then set it down and kinda feed each other with invisible forks and that's it. It's very disappointing. Idk if Sims 4 just doesn't run on my computer or if it's this bad for everyone? I guess i'll do a poll. Who actually has working weddings?

3. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@Kalibobali- that's odd, because when my Sims plan a wedding ceremony/party for their wedding everything seems to work fine for me. I usually invite the max of 15 sims to the event, hire the caterer and the bartender. Once I set the location, I just design the wedding. Once it begins everybody ends up just standing there but as soon as I get my to-be-wedded couple to begin the ceremony the guests come over and sit in front of the wedding arch. Now I always have my sim make a cake, place it in their inventory, and then top it off with wedding topper. My sims will cut the first piece together. It took me a couple of tries to get it to work just right. Just save before the wedding starts and play around with it. If it doesn't work just quit and load from the previous save.

4. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

How are your seats arranged? You are sooo lucky! I would love to see an actual wedding in my game. The guests always just stand around. And do you cut the cake from the inventory or set in on a table first? I've tried the same weddings over and over and over and tried settings the cake different places i try setting benches, chairs, the pre-built wedding room. I throw weddings at home, away from home, in big spaces, and in small spaces. Really can't figure out what's wrong with my game.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

It works for me! The only that is weird, and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but none of the guests sit down. Even if they're playable and I sit them down, as soon as the ceremony starts, they stand up.

But they do a ring exchange, and kiss and confetti comes down etc.

The cake cutting... I've only ever had one sim (bride or groom... whomever I'm controlling at the time) go cut the cake and take a piece to wherever the other is and feed them. But they don't both do it to each other. it sucks for pictures, because one time my bride fed her groom while he was in the bathroom.

6. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@Kalibobali- I usually space the chairs out one tile each with the second row spaced 2 tiles back. I tried using the move objects cheat once and it didn't work at all. I also designed had the aisle for my outdoor wedding area spaced at 3 tiles wide. When I had the cake I went into buy mode and placed the cake on the table, went to live mode and had my sim decorate it with wedding topper. Then after they got married I selected the option "slice cake together" which they did. The only way they did was once they kissed and the wedding ceremony itself was over and the reception began. Hope I was able to help.

Bryan

7. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea

for me they come to watch but never sit down..but cutting the cake & everything else seems to work fine!

8. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

hmm im going to try another test wedding with seating arrangements like that and see how it goes. I wonder what the difference is that makes his sims sit but not others. As far as the cake, could it be the table im setting it on? I think the button says "cut wedding cake" and when i click it they always grab a slice but then nothing ever happens. I always put it on that round table that has like a tablecloth over it, could that be the problem?

I'm determined to make one of these features work since with both glitching weddings are not very much fun for me.

9. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

So atleast one yours works. This is so weird. Certain games have sims that actually sit and certain games can actually cut the cake. Mine is one of those games that apparently can do neither :(
    I've even tried having the groom walk right up next to the bride so there was no way she could miss him and it still had absolutely nothing. The plate just disappears once the animation is supposed to start.

10. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@Kalibobali- That's odd, considering those are the same tables I use for my elegant and traditional looking wedding ceremonies. Have you had your Sims get married and than have one of your sims walk over to where the cake is, and than select "slice cake together"? Almost 98% of the time they always slice the cake together. But it's definitely not the type of table you're using since I use those as well, along with the chairs that have cloth over them with bows in the back. I find they look elegant with my outdoor gazebo weddings.