1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Career

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by Jarron, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Jarron

Jarron

I got my sims into the doctor career... but am stymied. I can only take temps and medical histories - over and over and over. The hearts never turn red so I can treat them. Am I missing something? Is there a certain sequence? What? What? Whaaaatttttt?????? lol

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I'd suggest just to start easy and follow the objectives that are given by the game. Those get more in-depth with each level of the career. In general, the hearts change to red once you have figured out what's wrong with the patient. For that you have to analyse the data you collect by taking temperature, swab the patient for a sample and so on. But it's really not until about level 4 that your Sim is competent enough to do that on their own. Until that point it's best to just collect the data and sample and transfer the patient over to the doctor. At some point they will speak to the patient, the heart will turn red and you can give the patient their medication.
    If I got your question wrong, however, and those are the only objectives the game is giving you no matter on which level you are, that might possibly be a bug I haven't heard of yet.

3. Jarron

Jarron

I think it was a bug, because after I had him quit, and then apply again, I got more options.

4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hi @Jarron I bought Get To Work yesterday and straight away I joined the Doctor Career and my Sim was the same, but after one or two promotions he is now able to check ears and get a sample. I'm not sure if you know but at the beginning when you check temperatures and everything else you can check you can then go then the Patient Data on to the woman who works in the sort of "lab" area. When you're high enough in the career you are then able to do the tests yourself :)

If I were you I would just keep climbing the ranks as the doctor because as you get promotions it does change :) I believe a little later doctor's are able to got out and about helping ill people at home, etc.

Good luck!

Matthew.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

The Doctor career is my favorite to play because I like the challenge of seeing how many sims I can cure in a day.

What bothers me about it, is how useless the interns/ nurses are. Why can't they admit new patients to a bed at least? I cure/treat a sim, they should be able to admit a new patient to that bed while I attend another sim. I can spend an entire work day just admitting patients to beds - walking back and forth. Or if they could sit in the waiting room and watch TV or something but they all just huddle around reception - it's drives me bananas.

Or set it up like in Science career where I can order them to do certain tasks. That would be ideal.