1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Downloading DLC with cc/mods

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by gagasluxury, Jul 23, 2015.

1. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

I have a question, whenever I update my game I remove the mods folder. I'm wondering if the same I need to do when I buy a stuff pack/game pack. On the one hand its not an update just new content and gameplay, on the other hand downloading from origin with the mods folder maybe can cause problems? idk

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

To be safe, always remove all mods and CC from your folder before updating or downloading The Sims 4. It's good practice to be overly careful.

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I agree with Kit. Expansions and other packs are essentially just very big updates. They add new files and change old ones, just like a patch. So to be safe, I always remove my mods and CC when something about my game is changed or added onto.

4. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

ok thanks! I just wanted to make sure, wouldn't want anything happening to the game lol

Kit likes this.
  5. RethkaSims4

RethkaSims4

Whenever I update the game or add new DLC packs I leave my cc in and it all works.

6. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@RethkaSims4 I can speak from experience that updating with a few mods has disrupted it before. It mostly depends on the installer and how it moves around files, not necessarily with the CC. But having experienced bugs when I updated with CC, but not after a reinstallation can only point to the difference in the files. I used to update the game with CC instead too without a problem until it happened a few times to me. =P