1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Family tree annoying issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pedro, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Pedro

Pedro

I dont know if anyone posted about this before. If so, my apologies. Whenever my sims die, after a while they simple disappear from the family tree. They appear like an anonymous photo on the tree, and their links to another family members sometimes disappear, so I lose all my generational gameplay. Its annoying me cause it happens really often(if not always) and its an issue that should have been fixed by now.

Thanks

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I have this as well (because I always turn aging off unless I'm playing my legacy challenge family) and I have the same issue.
    Also, if you keep tombstones on the lot, the names disappear from them as well.

4. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I have this same problem :( At first I thought it's because my sims died when family tree was a new thing so I let it be. But today I noticed that it happened to my second generation too and I lost 2 generations now :( I had such a great family tree - three siblings married they neighbors/friends and now their children did this same which made things complicated... But now all is lost :( I hate that... Is there any way to stop it from happening? Is no culling mod fix that? I hate mods but I will make exception here if only that helps :D

5. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

They need to fix alot of glitches in the game. I love it but i'm constantly disappointed by it never working properly. Most of what's cool about it really isn't cool because they never fix the glitches. I'm especially upset by the lack of effort put into generational gameplay. That's the only way i've ever played so i really hope they improve upon issues like this and the fact that my town keeps deleting every townie that isn't in a household when it gets overpopulated. Also the fact that the randomizer doesn't work and the only families that exist are dark skinned single mothers with teenage daughters and child sons. They need to do alot to help gameplay with families. My teenage sims can't even have boyfriends because the randomizer has been glitched pretty much since release and they STILL have not fixed any of these issues. My opinion of the game would improve greatly if they fixed half of the load of glitches i have.

Oh and i don't know if this would help or not but it might if it has to do with the culling. Ever since i learned that the game had a low sims limit i started deleting all my elders (excluding the ones i play) before they could die and be a permanent member of my town. I haven't had anyone erased from my family tree although im not sure if that's related at all.

6. Simmer517

Simmer517

Do you have any packs? I only have Get to Work and Luxury Party Stuff, I don't have any of those issues. I was wondering if they were from packs. The issue with the ghosts annoys me too, and also with the families that randomly generate. I hope this is fixed.

7. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I have the game packs and get to work. I just don't buy the stuff packs. When i installed Outdoor Retreat it seemed to work fine then after the next patch it had a few glitches and they've never been fixed. Same with get to Work. I bought it and it was either glitched from the beginning or it started glitching alot very soon after it was released.