1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Family Tree System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2HubbiesNLove, Feb 6, 2016.

1. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

When they do give us a Generations-themed expansion pack I really hope we get a more diverse and complex family tree system that works like the Retail System and Club System we already have. I want to have the ability to link households together from all over our worlds. Say I have two sims and they have siblings; once I age their children up it would show under the "relationship tab" their relations- "aunt" and "uncle", and if their parents siblings had children then it would show their relationship to the children as "cousin". The same would work as if the parents divorced and re-married to sims who had children of their own. Their relationship to those sims would show as "step-mother/father" and their children would appear as "step-sister/brother". When sims children get married it would show the spouse and their families as "in-laws".

Also, if a parent dies the sibling or child of the sim who perished should inherit money, estate, or heirloom. That way in the family system it could show who inherited what, which could make for some dramatic story-telling with family feuds over a Lucky Llama statue that has been passed down through 7 generations- just an example. The family system could also work great for categorizing family members in different sections so it'll be easier to invite those family members to birthday parties, weddings, family reunions, baby showers, graduation parties, and funerals (that is if we get some of those events in the future of the series).

The family system also allowed our sims to have "favorites" within the family. It would work great with elders and their grandchildren. We all have had a grandparent who pulled us to the side and told us that we were their favorite grandchild and vice-versa with favorite uncle, aunt, grandparent, and/or cousin. And that relationship with "favorite" would never deteriorate because it would work the same with "best friend" status if the sim has the "beloved" trait. Of course the family system would also give us fun, interesting and awkward perks that make our family-lineage more different than the next.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Yes...just yes.

Kit likes this.
  3. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@SimsVIP Alexis probably gets tired of me talking about how much I really want a generations pack. Lol. But yes, this. This this this. @2HubbiesNLove Did you post this on the official idea forum yet?

2HubbiesNLove likes this.
  4. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think this would be uber awesome. I hope we get something like this.

5. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@Kit- I would post over on the main forum but I gave up on posting on the main forum. I get trolled and bashed too much on there. If somebody wants to post my idea on the forum you have my permission to do so. The last time I posted ideas on there it started a war among forum members and I decided there was too much negativity to waste my time defending the ideas and other members.

6. Kit

@2HubbiesNLove I've had my fair share of hate from the official forum members. But many people that are spiteful are also incapable of seeing from a different perspective. Know what I do to haters? Kill them with kindness. They never see it coming. =)

If you are still hesitant to post your idea on the official idea forum (which I do suggest since we know for a fact they look there) then I will post it for you with credit to an unnamed source. That's how much I really love your idea and feel it should be implemented.

benji_br and Mitchi32 like this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@2HubbiesNLove - That's how the world works these days you get bashed bash at them back. Eye for a Eye and tooth for a tooth. You gotta be tough if your going to get anything done in the sims world.

8. Kit

@AtomicSimmer An eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind.

benji_br, Mitchi32 and jeLlyBeAn1573 like this.
  9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@Kit yeah good point but sometimes you gotta fight and stand up for something you feel strongly about.

10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@Kit yeah good point but sometimes you gotta fight and stand up for something you feel strongly about.