1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Food automatically goes to inventory

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pedro, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Pedro

Pedro

Hey,
    I've been having a problem for some time now.
    My sims, whenever I order them to grab a plate of food, they automatically put it in their inventory, and I have to open the inventory and select the plate so they can eat it. It's annoying me because sometimes I order them to eat and then do other stuff in queue, and they skip the eating part because the food stays in their inventory and then spoils.

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks.

2. Anidup

Anidup

I have encountered the same problem in my game,putting away the food in their inventory instead of sitting down to eat it!. I have no mods installed that may affect their eating habits.
    I found that if I order the sim to put away the food and then grab a plate they actually start to eat it, but would then remain in front of the fridge refusing to go sit down even if the command is given! That is also so annoying, since no other sim in the household can then get food from the fridge.
    May be we need a patch to set this right. (I do not have the Vampires GP installed, and found this glitch after the patch preparing for the Pack.)

Pedro likes this.
  3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

it's a bug. There isn't anything we can do about it right now unless someone has made a mod for it - I don't know. I play mod-free.

I get the same thing, and found the only way to avoid it is by cancelling the serve action just as they take the food off the stove, or pour the salad into the bowl. I currently have a toddler in my game, so I just put the toddler in the highchair and select: Give food from inventory.

But yes... as soon as that toddler ages up, it's going to be a bigger (meanwhile small) annoyance.