1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Front Door Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 23, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

So I built a quaint little house with a shed in the back. I noticed after a day that sims were going to the shed door when they came to visit. I clicked on the door and found out it was set as he front door. I clicked on the real front door and and set it as such. Next day the kids come home and while executing the "Returning Home" action they walked through the house to the shed. It had switched back.
    I have reset the real front door and saved thinking saving would lock the setting, but a day later it goes back.
    The only way I have found to fix this is by adding a door arch to the shed and not a door- which I don't want.
    Anyone had this happen?
    Any suggestions as to how to fix it?
    Thanks!

2. Jarron

Jarron

Exactly the same issue and I did exactly as you did- the archway.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

aaah well!! maybe a future patch will fix it idk

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Haven't had that problem myself, but you may want to try selling the door, leave it out for some time and then buying a new one after a couple of Sim days. Make sure to set the right door as front door during this time and to save at least once while there is no actual door in the shed. Not sure if that really does anything, but I can imagine how this could reset the doors.
    Could also be an issue with the door to your house, so replacing that might also help.

In general, keep in mind that you should always have the arrow pointing to the outside when placing the front door. According to the devs this shouldn't actually matter, but at least for now the game seems to recognize the direction the arrow is pointing into as the outside of the front door. Placing them the other way around sometimes causes Sims to walk into the house and then leave through the door again in order to "enter" the house. It also seems to make visitors enter the house to knock on the door from the inside. Don't really know what piece of code went south to cause something like that, but it tends to be slightly amusing... :p
    I could imagine how this placement issue could also cause the game to not regocnize the door as front door when there are multiple doors connected to the outside.

benji_br likes this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Didn't think of the arrows! I'll mess with it and see what happens- thanks!!

6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@DerMonarch : So I changed the arrows to where only the Front Door points outside, and the door setting still changes on it's own. It only changes between the front door of my house and the door on the shed. It hasn't changed to the back door once. I'm thinking maybe because the shed is separate from the house it's sending mixed signals.
    I haven't had my sims walk inside the Front Door with the arrow pointing inside only to walk outside to "enter" the house, so good for that at least!
    :confused:

Jarron likes this.
  7. DerMonarch

Hm, in that case I don't know what cou help you there. You might want to take a look at crinrict's Bug Threads over at the EA Answer HQ. Maybe someone has already reported a similar problem over there and they might even have found a temporary fix already. If not, it could always help to report the bug there.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  8. Jarron

Jarron

I did the suggestions too, and it still did it. I will just use an archway.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Jarron Yeah me too, I just swallowed the pride I had for my house and put it there again lol
    @DerMonarch You got a link to that site? Do I have to register for it or something- I dunwanna do dat :/, Jarron you do it lul:D

10. DerMonarch

@uhleeshuh The bug threads can be found over here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    The EA Answer HQ is connected to EA shared account servers, so as long as you've got an account for any EA service like the Sims Homepage, Sims Forums, Origin, BioWare Social Network, etc. you can log in there with that account. Judging by the fact that you are playing Sims 4 I guess you'll have at least an Origin account... :p