1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Game won't open?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Mattyboi, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

Alright, my game hates me.

I recently tried to open my game, so I launched the launcher to do so. The game started up and then window minimized itself. I tried opening it and it'd go to a black fullscreen, I'd hear the music, then it'd minimize itself again. Anyone know of any similar things happening?

EDIT: I figured out the problem, it happened after I removed the mosaic mod. I want to remove this mod still to try out what Alexis was suggesting, any suggestions on how to do so? P.S I put the mod back in and it worked after I restarted my computer again.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Sounds like you have mods that are outdated. I would pull out all your mods and CC and run a Vanilla game. If it works, then you need updated versions of the mods.

I'm hoping you didn't update with mods installed? That is a great way to cause problems.

3. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

I'll try that in the morning. I didn't update with mods luckily, I'm actually just learning all of these "What Not To Dos". But yeah, I'll tinker with it in the morning and see if I can see what I messed up. Also, thanks for helping me Alexis. I'm not the most tech competent person, nor the most knowledgable on the Sims.

4. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

If it doesn't work after taking out all your mods. Reinstall the game and launch a FRESH vanilla game. If that still doesn't work, then we have to dig deeper. ;)

Glad to help :)