1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Get to Work venting

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by Kalibobali, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I don't know how many people are having these problems but the glitches are practically ruining this expansion for me. Don't get me wrong i really liked Get To Work when it was released. But almost immediately after releasing it they put out a patch that broke the parts that interested me the most.

I'm not much of an active career person so i was really the most excited for photography and the mannequins. I LOVED the photography skill when i got the game. The pictures are just adorable and so much fun.So i was really disappointed that the first patch after Get to Work actually made them start to appear pixelated and blocky. They looked so crisp and beautiful at first and now they're so bad looking. I assumed they'd fix it soon so i didn't worry too much but now it's been a while i really wish i could take pictures of my sims!

This little problem has teamed up with the mannequin glitch (causing all my mannequins to wear the same outfits) to really make this game disappointing :( I spent a long time building stores for magnolia promenade and now all the clothing is the same in them so they're useless. Anyways i just really hope they work on some of the problems the game has soon because if it weren't for the smaller issues i'd love it. Sorry about the rant. Does anyone else have a minor bug that's been bothering them lately?

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

We can expect a lot of things to get fixed next week, when they release the Newcrest Patch. As for your particular bugs, the photography bug has been in GTW since release. It seems to be a time-sensitive bug that only occurs with pictures taken when the game has already been running a while. I didn't encounter any issues with the mannequins myself but I do know they have a certain outfit limit per type of mannequin. I don't remember if that limit is per lot or per save game, but it may be possible that you overstepped that limit if your mannequins are acting up.

3. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

No the mannequin thing is a separate problem. All my mannequins revert back to the first outfit of each category. For example my entire store sold everyday outfits. So now all the mannequins wear outfit 1 under everyday. For each gender. So i ahve one male outfit and one female. The mannequins were already limited since we can only have 10 per lot so it's really upsetting that this bug is causing them to be severelyyyy limited.

And the photography bug, atleast the way i have it, has not been there since release. And it is not caused by pictures taken when the game is running for too long. When GTW was first released the pictures were beautiful and i was very happy with the photography skill. i took alot of pictures just playing around with it and they all came out crisp and gorgeous. I even downloaded a big art gallery lot from the in game gallery and all of the other players pictures showed up beautifully too. After the next patch they put out it was noticeably messed up every time i took a picture. And no matter when or how i take these pictures now they're all messed up looking. It definitely is not caused by the game running for a while because if that were the case i'd be able to load my game and take a decent picture but i can't.

I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't fix these issues because they never fixed alot of the major problems with Outdoor Retreat. And it's getting to the point where everything that WOULD have been fun to play with is ruined with a glitch. I'm just worried that since not alot of people seem to be having the same problems (or atleast aren't noticing them) they won't really be worked on.

4. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

Because at this point it's more glitch than game and i don't even think it's possible to fix all these problems in one patch.

5. DerMonarch

The problem with bugs is, they can't fix what they can't recreate. And if a bug is extremely rare, it is extremely hard for them to reproduce, let a lone fix it. Since I have not heard about either of those bugs before, they do seem to be quite rare. I would suggest looking for your issue in the Sims 4 Bug Report section of the EA Answer HQ and if they haven't been reported yet, you would help the devs a great deal by doing so.
    However, you should make sure whether these issues really are bugs or not. You should remove all mods and CC, have Origin repair the game and test it in a fresh save file. Only if the issues still persist, you can be sure that it is a bug.

6. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I am sure it is a bug. I play with no mods or cc ever. I have tested new saves and tried repair game multiple times. A couple other people have reported the mannequin problem and i'm not sure about the photography problem but it's pretty strange that both my desktop and my sister (who plays on her laptop) have been having this problem since the patch. I can't imagine how it could be that rare. I've bought every expansion since Sims 2 and i just feel kind of discouraged lately. I kind of don't want to keep buying stuff that doesn't work properly and right now most of it doesn't.

7. DerMonarch

It's just that there are a lot of people who don't have these issues, myself included. My game runs perfectly fine. Of course there is the occasional glitch or bug but the only game-breaking bug I encountered recently was the Detective career giving out the wrong hints and making it impossible to find the right suspect. So if your game really is that unplayable, it has to be connected to something on your end. Not saying that you did anything wrong, but hardware and software incompatibilities can cause big issues with games. Which is why I always strongly urge people to contribute to the bug reports on the Answer HQ. It really does help the devs to narrow down whatever causes these issues.
    The only other thing I can suggest right now is deleting your cache-files. Especially the thumbcache seems to like causing problems. I haven't had to to that very often with Sims 4 personally but I know that Sims 3 would become completely unstable for me if I didn't delete my cache files at least once a week. If you don't know how to do that, it's explained right here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

8. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

Ive been deleting the cache files i know about every now and then. But there are still major glitches in just about every part of the game. And my game runs very well too. It just has a lot of glitches. I wish i knew what my computer and my sister's laptop have in common that causes us both to have these glitches that no one else seems to have trouble with.