1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Together feels weaker than Get to Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milkandcookies, Dec 18, 2015.

Which do you prefer?

1. Get to Work

50.0%
  2. Get Together

50.0%
  1. milkandcookies

milkandcookies

What do you all think of GT compared to GtW? I felt like the latter added more diverse content, reaching more players and playstyles. GT seems to be completely focused on socialites, which is great but former EPs in the series have been more accommodating, giving most players a little something to keep them happy with their purchase. If you don't like gathering with other Sims it doesn't really feel like you have anything to do other than live in Windenburg, which is beautiful btw.
    I wrote an article about it if anyone cares: http://twinfinite.net/2015/12/the-sims-4-get-together-still-doesnt-make-it-worth-your-money/

Also, what do you hope they'll release next?

2. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I haven't experienced get together yet but I haven't found a expansion or stuff pack I did not like of the ones I have.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  3. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Yeah, it does appeal to only certain play styles, but it adds a beautiful new world, so many new cute clothes and build mode stuff, it's going to be an essential for people who love taking pictures, building, and Sim making.

4. milkandcookies

milkandcookies

I love Windenburg. It's gorgeous and feels much more open and full than the other worlds. The clubs are awesomely customizable but the whole EP feels geared to just one audience, unlike GtW which had a variety of significant additions. I am still really enjoying the EP, I can't help but love everything Sims haha. But I was hoping GT would bring with it a little more to the loners and non-socialites with it.
    That being said, I am all for Maxis making EPs that appeal to vastly different play styles: It serves more fans and helps change up your pace if you always play one way.

Mendota likes this.
  5. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I feel like Get Together has endless possibilities for the clubs. I'm a family player though. GTW also has endless possibilities through the retail system, but in my opinion, buying/selling anything doesn't add as much gameplay as the clubs for anything, manipulating your Sims to act however you want at certain times, and rivalries. I don't consider active careers extending the gameplay too much because it is limited solely to those three. To compare the content is about perspective I suppose. They seem even to me on the amount, but the replay is more in GT for me because of how I play.

You mentioned GT was focused on social players. But GTW was also focused on a playstyle of careers and solo-Sims. In the end, everyone is different and will see different values in each. I couldn't live without both of them in my game. =)

2HubbiesNLove likes this.
  6. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

My husband and I are really enjoying the club system and forming clubs in the game. I, personally, like GT just a bit more than GTW is because its something we've never seen before in the entire franchise of the most beloved PC games, The Sims. The only thing I have a slight issue with is my sims living in Windenburg. I use it more as a means for my sims to travel, shop, grab a coffee, and go out dancing, rather than living in Windenburg itself. But Windenburg has to be the most beautiful world and largest world we've seen in TS4 as of yet. Now the only thing we're missing besides the obvious family game play that everybody has been asking for since May of 2014, is that we need romance, an attraction system, restaurants, and a high-energy bustling city atmosphere for an Into The City/Metropolis EP.

7. milkandcookies

milkandcookies

I suppose I never thought about GtW that way. I guess all those hobbies and skills are pretty lonely. The breadth of the club system is awesome, no doubt. It can introduce a lot of realism and immersion if you want, convenience and boosts, or a dose of something delightfully absurd. I love it. Still, there's some odd stuff, like simply taking the leader's place by asking after some small talk. You make a joke with the leader and then they immediately hand over leadership if you just ask.

I don't even know how you can manage to resist filling up Windenburg with active Sims xD I can't wait for all those expansions and I do hope to see them continue the trend of adding genuinely new experiences and content to the game (going to work, clubs) alongside the classics. Building apartments is gonna be amazing with the new build tools.

8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@2HubbiesNLove @milkandcookies Personally, my Sims still live in Newcrest and visit Windenburg here and there. It's so beautiful, but I see it as more of a vacation for them. (Considering the amount of torturous drama I force onto them... Mwahahaha!) I've never had it easy to get a leader position. My current Sim doesn't have any social buffs yet and she's a hot head, so it causes difficulty when trying to overthrow a leader nicely. XD

9. Bethany_XX

Bethany_XX

you are right about the whole sims 4 being more focused on social and group activities than different kinds of gameplay for it which i totally agree with you on like as much as group social activities and gatherings are fun i feel like now they should focus on bringing other kinds of gameplay and EP for the Sims 4 maybe focused a bit more on family or other life stages or anything else other than partying or clubbing

not saying that i didn't like get together i love it and windenburg it totally beautiful and unique i love that they are bringing new things to the table but as a whole they need to try focusing on new things other than that.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  10. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I'm a family player and I love the socialization aspect of GT. I created a new family, and the father of my children doesn't live in the same house so I created a club called Family and whenever my Sim and her kids start doing an activity together, Dad just shows up automatically and joins in. I like it!

I also have each of my family members in their own groups with their friends. I like that my teen will go into the basement and play the arcade game with his friends, and my child will play don't wake the llama with hers and mom can be in the kitchen drinking coffee and gabbing with her galpals. Weekends are way more fun now.

I love the way it's set up, and for the first time in forever (bonus points to you if you sang that in your head as the frozen song), my sims are actually keeping their friends!! Even my sim mom has TWO friends with FULL bars!! Lol. I'm so happy.

Mendota, Kit and MiffoShort1997 like this.