1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving it a new try

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Nov 14, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

I stopped playing The Sims 3 almost two years ago. It was taking me about 20 minutes just to load my game, and it was laggy and prone to crashing.

But I realized I miss it. Since I am playing on a new computer now, I decided to install it again just to satisfy my nostalgia.

I fear I'll spend the day downloading and installing, and then play half an hour realizing it's still too buggy and give up :p

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  2. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

Well you could always try EA and Maxis suggestion and only run a couple of packs at a time. That might help and perhaps some of the damage control mods.

3. benji_br

benji_br

Yeah, I can see why they would suggest that, but I felt so disrespected as a consumer and a fan who bought the entire series just so i could play with everything together. So no, I'll try to play it the best way my computer can handle the full game.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hey buddy! :)

I'm so glad your giving The Sims 3 another go, hopefully you won't be disappointed. I play The Sims 3 on my laptop and though it doesn't run it the best it does at least play, so hopefully your new computer will handle it well :) do you own all The Sims 3 packs? If so then you should have lots and lots of fun. I own them all, minus a few Stuff Packs and have so much fun, especially playing with the singing career. I also really love Seasons, University and Supernatural - I thought the add of Werewolf's, Fairies and so on was a great add to the game :p

Sadly I can't play The Sims 3 at the moment, but hopefully soon I'll be able to :) I hope you do play The Sims 3 again. Hopefully your new computer will run it great!
    I LOVE The Sims 4, but I love The Sims 3 because of all it's content, like the singing career, but the house boats from Island Paradise were awesome as well ;)

Have fun buddy :)!!!

Matthew.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Let me know... I've been thinking about a re-install lately as well. I miss all the expansions. :)

6. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys!

It's been running way way way better than in the PC I used to use. It used to take me about 20 minutes just to get in the game, now it's been like... 5? Which is still ridiculous compared to TS4, which takes me about a minute to get from my desktop to live mode.

I have all packs installed (I don't own Katy Perry Sweet Treats, but then again who does?) and a bunch of items from the store. And no mods, I think. One thing that has been different though is that it seems to me (but this could just be my impression) that lots are taking a long time to load, longer than before. Like, a sim will get to a certain lot and everything is white and slowly begins to take shape and color. Also, all Sims sort of look the same =P

But hey, I have seasons, toddlers and pets - all I could ask for. And the open world is a bonus!

As fas as differences from TS4 go, I realize I dislike most of TS3 CAS items. I see myself using like 10% of all of them. Also, it's weird to play without emotions now and there's the difficulty of no-multitasking. But I was going through everything, trying to decide what to do with my family and WOW, there's a lot to do in that game.

If you guys decide to play it, let me know how it goes!

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I tried to do sims 3 on this computer I have now with all my expansions but it seemed so slow. but since others are trying it I may give it ago agian soon. This computer is alot better then what I was playing on.

benji_br likes this.
  8. benji_br

benji_br

Yeah, I got a new computer last year, I stopped playing TS3 a little after Into the Future came out.

9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@benji_br my computer im currently using just turned 1 year old this year lol. I bought it in 2014 at christmas time.

benji_br likes this.
  10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I just got sims 3 up and running a bit last night. its all right but not as quick and smooth as the sims 4 is currently.

benji_br likes this.