1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Glitches

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 2, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Bought TS4 today and am thrilled though I do have a question.
    I've come across a few glitches:

--My sim had twins, the first one came out all alien looking and clunky. Its arms and fingers were super long and its eyes poked out. I just thought it would go away. Then the second one came and looked the same. After my sim put them into the crib, they disappeared (Are they supposed to disappear, btw?). Anyway the babies stayed that way until I aged them up.
    --I don't know if this is supposed to be like this? I wouldn't see why, but before the kids came along my two sims had the conversation panel on the top of the screen, like, forever. Even when one or both of them were not home it would say "[current mood] conversation" Though they weren't conversing.
    --Hadn't tried to plan outfit on my sims until the babies grew into kids, but my game froze on the loading screen. Though I could still hear my sims doing stuff and buying food. So I guess it didn't really freeze then? Either way, I was stuck looking at the loading screen for 20 minutes before I called it quits and Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

So yeah, I know there was a patch released today, and I was wondering where do I install it? Does Origin automatically load it on when I start the game when patches become available? Are these common glitches being found or are they just small things that I should have just restarted to fix?

THANKS!;)

[P.S. I believe I posted this on the right topic, if not sorry let me know.]

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

ManagerJosh likes this.
  3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah! LOL and the eyes stick out like straws and from the side the baby has a huge underbite lololol
    .. but I know my graphics card is bare minimum for this game but if that's the issue then I'm cool with it since babies are the only thing that I have come across that get messed up.
    I haven't come across lag much (only when I bombard my sims with tasks- it will take a sec to get them all organized, but even that is few and far between) the load times are fine now. They were fine before I came to that load screen of death. I didn't know what caused it which is why I mentioned it here, thinking maybe other people have come across it too?
    The only thing that still bothers me is that "Casual conversation" issue! I don't know if it's supposed to stay there or not. I don't see why because my sims aren't conversing! They're sleeping or working- anything BUT conversing with each other.

5. Naria

Naria

I, too, have the Casual Conversation panel stuck on a Sim for several days.

6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Thank you! Glad to hear another one struck with this. I know it's kind of dumb to get irritated over, but that panel is huge compared to the other panels lol how can I NOT ignore it:eek:????

7. doll

doll

I don't really know if it's a glitch but does anyone have the weird issue where during the day sims look really dark while in the house, while all the floors/furniture/etc are light up - even with lights on - and they actually look much brighter during the night when everything is off.

8. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, I have it as well. I also saw the same in broadcasts and other events. I think the lights go odd by default, try turning them on? I've found myself adding 20+ lights in one room. We need a lighting mod asap :p

uhleeshuh likes this.
  9. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

I don't have any problems with lighting, thank heaven but what I do have a problem with is making me crazy and irritated. My sim is a loner, collector, and gardener. I put the garden boxes down, purchased the veggie seeds, opened the seed packet and the small hand got stuck... closed.:mad: So now I can't drag the veggies to the box to be planted. Also, the hand stays closed on anything else I click on. It doesn't keep me from performing commands on anything, but it's very annoying.

Anyone else have a gardening glitch?

10. d3nd0g69

d3nd0g69

While in game, my wife's computer completely shuts off. Happens every 20-40 minutes. Its making "real" life hard.

System:
    dual core duo
    ATi radeon 3000 series
    4gb ram
    all fans working and clean
    cpu temp : 60 degrees C
    tried everything (run as admin, lower settings, turn off in-game origin)

Possible Fix: Window-mode seems to be working. sims4>menu>options> switch from fullscreen, to window-fullscreen

Nope sorry, didnt work. any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014