1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

GTW Frustrations

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by Cody, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Cody

Cody

I can already tell you some of my frustrations with the EP. As a builder a huge blockadeI have faced is with the rugs. Rugs without patterns are limited and do not have a broad range of sizes. While what I am stating is an early conclusion it is an educated guess based on clear evidence. The trailer revealed no new rugs, just the ones we already have. WHY MUST I ASK WHY! Second frustration but an easy one to fix is how many of the "Falling Water" fountains they used at the hospital. I abhor that fountain, it is just weird and akward. They used two of them outside then two in the lobby. I feel the poor hospital has been disgraced with their presence. First task I am going to take care of when I open the game is getting rid of those wet nightmares. That is the end of my fountain rant lol. Third frustration is it does not appear they added a new low fence. Currently we only have two to three low fence options for doing things like bordering gardens. I want some low fence options like in Sims 3 :(. BTW in one of the screen shots they used one of the low fences we have with a tree in the middle then flowers around it. It looked amazing and well done. You have to look at the window it is in one of the hospital screens. I think I am finished for now. What are your frustrations?

Brave Inno and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

I gotta say, I don't really have any so far, but I agree with you about the rugs. I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally like two rugs from the base game that are just too huge and I can't often use them. The smaller ones are way too blend. Then there's that magical carpet or whatever it's called that is cute and has personality but no choice of patterns, just one print. But this is a complaint I have with the base game, not with GTW.

We'll see, maybe we'll be surprised =]

3. Kokoro80

Kokoro80

The only complaint I have so far is that I would have liked more lots added with GTW. I was hoping for 2 new neighborhoods at least, though a whole new world would have been my ultimate dream! But alas, we only get one new hood and when all the awesome retail lots are appearing on the gallery I fear I will have nowhere to put them! Other than that though I am completely in love with this EP.

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I agree - I'm super happy with everything I've seen so far with this EP with the exception of Magnolia Promenade. I was really disappointed to find out that we only get 4 new lots. I have one game where my family line is starting to fill up Willow Creek.

5. Wired

Wired

My frustration is about the new neighborhoods. I really wished they were added on to Willow Creek and Oasis Springs so that you can always visit them.

I was hoping that for Magnolia Promenade, they were redrawing the willow creek map to fit it in somewhere. I don't like that just one neighborhood is accessed like an entire world, MP clearly belongs in willow creek.

Also for the police station, hospital, and science lab, i was initially under the impression that current neighborhoods were going to be made bigger to fit those lots in. I guess it makes sense why that isn't the case, but I still would have liked to see them added to the world maps so you can visit them all the time. Plus I think it'd be nice to see the two base neighborhoods gradually grow bigger in size.

6. Cody

Cody

I share the same frustrations especialy with MP. So strange it is its own little world even though it belongs in WC :(. If they created an entire district like they did with Sims 2 then I might understand but four lots? It hurts my brain why they choose that direction but I guess that I am just missing the big picture.

Dylan Walsh likes this.
  7. davichi

davichi

if you want rugs that don't have patterns and cover a broad range of sizes then why not use carpets? i use them all the time as fake rugs, they really give rooms more depth also.

Dylan Walsh and jeLlyBeAn1573 like this.
  8. Stephen7859

Stephen7859

I use carpets too sometimes.

9. Jarron

Jarron

I have to agree with both of you. I am pretty sure at some point we were told they were opening up areas of Willow Creak and Oasis Springs. I was hoping that we could visit the work lots on their off time, just to explore. I am also kind of disappointed in Sixam too- No... it is a beautiful world, but I could have sworn at one point they said if we travel there with an alien, it would look differently... it doesn't. And... we need more things to DO or places to GO. It is the aliens' home-world... they are going HOME- you'd think they could do more than walk around.

10. ScarlettEve

ScarlettEve

My frustrations are the easy things I should be able to figure out that are not exactly covered in the 'lesson' option. Like the notebook. The lesson tells you where to access it, what it will contain but it is always empty! Am I supposed to direct my Sim to write in it? There is a 'notebook' option on the regular computer, but all it does is open my empty notebook. It isn't like my Sim hasn't leveled up in skills or found things that could be noted. It is just, I can't figure out how to do it. So, my empty notebook mocks me everytime I open it. :confused: Also, I am running a retail store and when I praised and promoted my employee, he quit. The next didn't show up for work, so I fired him - and I got the notification that he now despises me! :eek: I also cannot find out where to get the juice to drink when my Sim gets sick. Am I just supposed to keep a freakin' camping cooler in my kitchen because that is the only place I have seen juice. The debug juice containers don't show up in the world when you switch from build/buy back to live play. Oh, and if anyone has a cheat to get the retail perks, I would appreciate it.