1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Else Noticed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Together' started by MiffoShort1997, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Have you noticed that the Sims 4 Get Together doesn't have any pre-order bonuses, like clothing or objects? I noticed that Get To Work didn't have a pre-order offer either. I seemed to recall that the Sims 3 expansions almost always had a special pre-order bonus, like Seasons had the shark costume and bumblebee costume!

It's not a problem but I just wondered why they haven't added a pre-order bonus :) It may be that EA are adding all the content in to the games now and that's why there isn't a Sims 4 Store (I never liked the Sims 3 store anyway!). I am really impressed with the Sims 4. It seems to me that they are doing everything right this time :) I hope they continue giving the Sims 4 100% effort!! :)
    If they continue making the Sims 4 the way they are going and add toddlers, seasons, pets, cars (as the survey suggests they will) then I can really see the Sims 4 becoming my favourite Sims game of all time!!! :)

Matthew.

Misawa likes this.
  2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Yep, so far they've avoided bonuses for everything that came after the base game.
    Sims 3 had all kinds of bonuses. Pre-oder bonuses, Origin exclusive bonuses and sometimes even bonuses for specific retailers. As a collector, that drove me crazy.

AquaSimmer, Kit and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  3. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

I know what you mean. I always enjoyed pre-ordering Sims 3 expansions because I always liked the idea of getting a bonus like new outfits or objects :) but now I don't see much point in pre-ordering, not unless I want to download the game a few days before it is available to play.

You collect Sims games @DerMonarch ? That sounds like fun :) how many Sims games do you own? I own all of the Sims 3 expansion packs minus a few stuff packs and come the end of August I will be buying every single Sims 4 game so all the Stuff and Game Packs :) I want to start collecting all of the Sims 4 games and I look very forward to it! I'll probably buy Get Together at the end of September.

Matthew.

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

@MiffoShort1997 All of them...
    To this day, the only piece of Sims content I never bought was Sweet Treats. Even I have my limits as to what I tolerate... :D

knewt93, AquaSimmer, Kit and 4 others like this.
  5. Simmer517

Simmer517

Do you get The Sims 4 Get Together before the release date with the pre-order?

6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

@DerMonarch Wow all of the Sims games, except for Sweet Treats ;) I didn't buy Sweet Treats either, I'm not a fan of Katy Perry at all! :)

That's so cool that you own pretty much every Sims game!! :) I want to try and do that with the Sims 4 if I can - collecting them all would be so fun! It would be nice if at some point the Sims 4 games get some pre-order bonuses but I guess you can't have everything :)

What is your favourite Sims, 1, 2, 3 or 4?

And @Simmer517 I believe if you pre-order you can download it a few days before it releases, however you cannot play the game until its actual release day. This pre-download is so you don't have to wait for the download on the release day. I think it is quite a good thing to do. I guess it depends on how eager you are to play the game :)
    I can't be 100% sure that this is the way it works on the Sims games, but it definitely worked like this with my Plants Vs. Zombies game :)

Matthew.

7. benji_br

benji_br

Same here!

Mitchi32 and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  8. Simmer517

Simmer517

Thanks, this is the first expansion pack that has come out as I'm playing. I was wondering because I only get pre-orders if they're cheaper, or if you get it before the release date. I might wait until November, because I might be able to get it cheaper from another dealer.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  9. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

No problem @Simmers517 :) Like you I am going to be waiting until November as well. If you don't mind waiting a little longer, say December other sites may put Get Together on Christmas sale (like Amazon) or something like that? Either way I probably won't buy Get Together whilst it is still buyable as a pre-order. I'm just going to wait and see what happens with it :)

Matthew.

10. Simmer517

Simmer517

I might do that, but like you, I'll see who has it when it comes out. Thanks again!

MiffoShort1997 likes this.