1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Having serious mouse issues!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ErikaVeex3, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ErikaVeex3

ErikaVeex3

Alright, so I'm new here, so here's hoping there's "no such things as stupid questions" haha :)

So when I'm in create a sim, randomly at some point my left click will become exclusively a camera rotate button? And I'm unable to select anything, except for push/pull my sims body. This means I technically can't exit the game, save my sim, or put on clothes, type his name, personality, etc.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what triggers this? Or more importantly, how to get out of it? I've tried windowed mode and scowered google for an answer, but I couldn't find anything that matched my problem.

Below I print screened a picture of my mouse icon - it's hovering over outerwear - so you can see what I'm talking about. If I try to click on any clothes, or anything else for that matter, that's the symbol that comes up, and I can rotate my character.
    upload_2014-9-6_9-41-10.png

Pleeeeease, someone tell me you can help this poor soul out because I'm about to rage quit the sims. :mad:

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Have you changed your Mouse settings to TS3 controls? Hit Ctrl+Shft+Tab. I found the new mouse controls hard to use after years and years of them being the same.

3. ErikaVeex3

ErikaVeex3

Yeah, I have tried that, it's not a controls issue so much as I literally can't select anything - definitely some kind of game glitch, atleast that's what I'm thinking at this point.

Strangely enough, I may have found my own way around it... Seems that when I plug my laptop in, the mouse control changes.

God only knows why? So while in CAS I'm just leaving it unplugged for now and seeing how that goes. So far so good. If anyone has more sound advice for me, please let me know!