1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi guys long time no see.. and question?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by missmf2, Dec 29, 2015.

1. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

Hello all,
    So I have been gone for a while got addicted to WOW .. World of Warcraft for those whom are not as big of a nerd that I am lol..

Anywho, I would like to ask a question - kind of long winded I am sure as a warning..

So, for xmas I recieved a SSD and installed my new Origin and Sims 4 and OS on the SSD.. I wanted a clean install of Sims4 to start with....I am not sure why but, why not!

What I am wondering is .. I was working on a lot before I clean installed Windows 10 on the new SSD.. I did keep all my files and game saves on my old HDD which is still hooked up in my PC.. I would like to move that one lot over to my new game.. so, I can continue working on it.. I did copy over the tray files that I thought were for that lot but, I am not sure I can access them any way nor would I know how.. I have opened up my new game tutorials and all and have not seen a way to pull those files (for the lot) into my game. I might just not know how to use the world editor or must be missing something.

I know I can go into my other HDD and put that lot onto the gallery to access them but, is that the only way? The only reason I do NOT want to do that is because well.. it is slow,slow to start origin,slow to start game etc.. and I do not want to have to access that old drive as little as possible as there are actually a lot of important files on it..as well..

This is why I am asking my expert forum users..

Thanks for your time!

Mel

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I've not been using tray files very often, so I might end up being wrong, but if you copy over your entire Tray folder's contents into your new Tray folder, you should be able to find everything you had saved to your old library inside the new one. At least that's what I did when I built a new PC and it worked.

missmf2 and Kit like this.
  3. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

THANKS very much :) that would make so much sense much appreciated for your time.. Why didn't I think of that?! LOL Duh!. Weird though since I isolated the files for that lot and did , copy and paste them, maybe I was missing some random file that makes that work lol Take care!

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@DerMonarch is correct. As long as you have all the tray files, it should be in your library. Easiest way next time is to just upload it as a WIP (work in progress) then re-download it again when you clean install.

missmf2 likes this.
  5. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

@Kit - Yes dear, I think I'm gonna be able to figure that out now with both your helps .. I just forgot to upload it to gallery before I reinstalled :*( lol I think I get it now thanks much!! :p My problem was I have 2 OS on two different drives one old and one new.. The old drive is about 9 yrs old ... and old and cranky (just like me lol)
    And was trying to figure out a faster way then booting into it , and uploading lol which is what I ended up doing anyways.. I just didn't want the buildings to go back into where they were in my old game.. if I copied those over.. I just need them in Library .. not on the actual lots..

Do you guys know if I copy those files over if they will automatically "plop" down where they were in my old game? I actually do not want that so if I move them over will they just be in my library? I wish there was just a library file lol :p

Thanks again guys,
    Mel

6. Kit

@missmf2 The tray folder is just your library items and files, and will not affect your save file at all. The Saves file is what designates is placed in your world. Hope that helps!

missmf2 likes this.
  7. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

@Kit - Omgosh yes thanks so much .. Sorry, for the newb questions lol .. I just never moved any of those files around yet thanks again!

8. Kit

Having questions is how we learn. =)

missmf2 likes this.
  9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think if you reinstall The sims 4 on a new pc you can take a copy of your sims 4 folder and replace it with the new folder and be back right where you left off.

missmf2 likes this.