1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are aware of an issue that is preventing users from purchasing Game Guides. We are currently looking into it and are working to resolve the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

How long do you play the same save file?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Aug 2, 2017.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys! So, I was thinking, ever since ummm The Sims 1, I think, I've been playing the game in a way that I usually grow tired after a while with the same save file. Whenever my sims are rich and have things easily, I get bored with the game and want to start a new save file. What can I say, it seems like I like the struggle.

But ever since Parenthood came out (an awesome pack btw), I have been playing this same save and it's been awesome. I started out with five households in very different scenarios of family structure (young adult couple in one, adult couple with five kids in another and so on) and now their kids grew up, married each other and are having children of their own.

So here comes the key element to this: Variety. I tried to make every sim different from the other ones in terms of personality, hobbies etc., so every family has its own dynamics. And I'm shocked to admit that I am actually excited to play with all of them!

It's been a new, refreshing experience for me. And it makes me wonder, how far do you guys go into your game? Iron Seagull mentioned in one of his videos that he's been playing the same file ever since TS4 came out, which I think is crazy.

I'd love to hear more about the way people play The Sims.

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

You know how I play, but for others who may read this thread: I love generations!
    I try and fail and try and fail at different legacies. My favorite file is always with my simself and my sim version of my rl hubby. Our traits are very much like us and I love playing out different scenarios.
    Unfortunately, my old pc couldn't handle big save files, so whenever it would get too laggy is when I would start over... very reluctantly (and yes this often coincided with a new EP release lol).

I still envy your dedication to rotational gameplay benji!! lol.

benji_br likes this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

Those are two good points: I often want to start over when the file becomes too hard on my computer, and when a new pack comes out (mostly GPs and EPs), cause then I want to start off fresh with all the new options.

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I think one of the biggest differences for us though benji, is I often start a new file with the same characters. You like (and are wonderful at) creating new characters every file.

Your gameplay is WAY more diverse than mine. Which is awesome.

benji_br likes this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32