1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get specific moods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SabrinaFaire, Sep 5, 2014.

1. SabrinaFaire

SabrinaFaire

First, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Second, has anyone figured out how to trigger specific moods? Like "Happy" "Playful" etc. Happy seems to come from fulfilling needs or having a good conversation. Specifically I'm wanting to know how to get to Focused since that's the ideal mood for my Sims job. I've figured out how to get Happy, Confident, Energized, and Flirty. Focused seems to be random almost, though she sometimes comes home from work Focused, I don't know how to send her off to work Focused.

2. doll

doll

Playful seems to be gotten through the 'funny' interactions, or at least that's what I've noticed.

focused moods I believe is achieved through reading books/using the computer, but I haven't really noticed that come up at all for me yet.

3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Getting your sims Focused takes time. The only exception to that is if they have the Genius trait which will cause them to wake up Focused a lot.
    I have found that reading books, playing chess, and gathering gems and enabling their mood effect will cause Focus. I guess if you want an instant Focus effect is to get them gems or the potion in the Rewards Shop.

4. Scyerline

Scyerline

I can get my sim focused by clicking on the chess board and selecting "plan moves" or something like that without being a genius. That's the fastest way I know of right now. Or you can use the cow plant, I heard. Cow plant can suck a person's emotion and you can milk that emotion into a potion. But there is a chance that sim could die from cow plant eating them, of course.

Another way to be playful is taking a bubble bath :)

One time I had my sim confident and sent him to work. An option to schmooze boss was available. I did that and he came home embarrassed because his coworkers noticed him doing it at work. Lol

There is one emotion I can't seem to get my sim out of though. My sim started a fire and became tense afterwards. I could not get him out of his tense state. I took many o showers and baths and it doesn't go away.

5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

If you hover your mouse over the job options while your sim is at work it will tell you that schmoozing with your boss runs a chance of becoming embarrassed- all job options will tell you more about it before you click on it.

And as for making a sim unwind you can:
    -Have your tense sim take a bath (any kind)
    -Have you're sim Vent or Complain about Problems to another sim
    -Have another sim Brighten Day to your tense sim
    -Have your sim Try to Calm Down in the mirror (I believe that option is for tense- if not then it's given during the Angry emotion)
    -Have your sim do anything that will boost it's fun

blossums likes this.
  6. TheAllu

TheAllu

I think that the moodlet from a fire is so strong that it's hard to get the sim out of that tense emotion for some time :)

7. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Using a mirror is the most effective for all the negative emotions (Angry, Embarassed, tense, Sad)

blossums likes this.