1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

How to install CC onto the Sims 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikaelle, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mikaelle

mikaelle

Hello,
    I'm having trouble installing some tsr file I downloaded for the sims 4. I tried to copy and paste onto the tray/ mod file but I've found nothing into my gallery in the game.
    I also noticed there is a windows internet explorer logo next to the file's name.

Your help is much appreciated.

Mikaelle

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

You need a program like Winzip or WinRAR to unzip the files first. Then you just download whatever CC you want, WinRAR/Winzip will open the .rar/.zip folder, then you drag and drop the .PACKAGE file(s) into your Mods folder.

3. mikaelle

mikaelle

I did that , when I launched my game the file I downloaded said Maxi does not support MODS and I can't find it in my Libary

4. thatsimsgirl

If there's an IE icon next to the file, it sounds like you're not unpacking/unzipping them properly - .package files shouldn't show the IE logo. Double check that it is actually the right file that you're putting in. It should say for instance, female_hair.package, and the type will say PACKAGE file.

Also, the game can only read up to 2 folders deep. Meaning, you can sort your CC into subfolders, but no more than 1 deep, like this...

Mods > Female Hair = works.
    Mods > Female Hair > Female Child Hair = won't work.

If you're adding the correct .package folders, but seeing nothing in game, then your folders are probably going too deep.

As for the 'doesn't support mods' notification, make sure you have script mods enabled in your game options - it's under Other.

5. mikaelle

mikaelle

It does say Package file under the type and when I enabled the script mods in my game it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help @ thatsimsgirl

6. thatsimsgirl

No worries, glad you got it working! :)

7. JaeDSim

JaeDSim

I was having similar issues now that TS4 doesn't always unzip the CC. Did I read your explanation right that if it says it's a package file I unzip but if it says 7zip or .rar I just place it in the mods folder?

8. thatsimsgirl

If you download something and the extension says .package in your downloads folder, then you can just dump it straight into your Mods folder. If it's a zipped folder (like, it says .zip, .rar, .7z etc) then you open it with WinRAR/Winzip and then copy the .package files contained in that zipped folder into your Mods folder.