1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

How to place build mode objects outside your lot!

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Terminathan, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Terminathan

Terminathan

In this post I will teach you how to place build mode objects around your sims world!

I originally posed this tutorial on SimsCommunity but I decided to post here also for people who use the SimsVIP forums instead.

I haven't seen anyone post a tutorial on how to do this, so I hope by posting here I can help a lot of people!
    (please correct me if someone already has)

Here is an example of what you can do with this neat trick.

Before After

[​IMG]

As you can see, I managed to place a bench in a place where you normally cant.

How did I do this?

First of all you need to enable cheats by pressing ctrl + shift + c on your keyboard. This will bring up the cheat box at the top of your screen.
    Click the box and type 'TestingCheats On' into it and press enter:

[​IMG]

Once you have done this, you are ready to place objects around your world!
    Now it's time to choose what object you want to put in the world. Start off by placing down the object on your home lot:

[​IMG]

Once you have placed it, Shift + Click on the object. A pie menu will appear with two or three options, select
    'Set As Head'

[​IMG]

Your selected sim will now have the object on their head as shown below:

[​IMG]

Now all you need to do is make your sim go to the location you want the object placed in. I chose this spot.
    It may be a little bit tricky but try and get your sim positioned so the object is in the orientation you want it in.
    Once you have done this, Shift + Click on the object and select 'Reset Object (Debug)'

[​IMG]

This will remove it from your sims head and place it on the floor!
    And it's as simple as that! Your sim can now interact with the placed object like it was on a lot! :

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading and I hope this tutorial will help bring your sims world to life!

Problems you might run into:
    -Some Objects will size up/down when putting them on your sims head (currently no known solution)
    -Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶1̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶,̶ ̶H̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶[̶̶I̶M̶G̶]̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶,̶ ̶T̶h̶a̶n̶k̶s̶!̶ Edit: I found a way to place more than 2 objects! All you have to do is travel to another lot then come back. Then it will allow you to place another one. You can do this as many times as you want!

benji_br likes this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

What? That's it? So simple :O

Thank you!

Terminathan likes this.