1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

I need some help with some CC glitches please

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by Sasha, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha

Hi there.. does anyone know what causes this problem (attached pix) with:

*1: 'face skin'?*
    Or do I have to work out which 'skin tone pack' it's from and delete it..? It happens with both males and females, and stays for ages, sometimes coming and going.. (looking sort of like a 'dirty face mask')

*2: This ponytail keeps 'vanishing' in game too...*
    so if anyone knows of one that doesn't vanish (for sure) please let me know..? Just a few of the reasons why I slow down on downloading cc..

*3: Female default 'bra' keeps being replaced by a random 'crop top'*
    .... just a bit annoying (nothing I download with that states anything about 'default' bra replacement etc....) any ideas how to keep the 'default bra, the default bra' would be appreciated also

More images of the face problem.. one 'night', then went into 'build' mode to switch it to 'sunny'.. when he comes inside though.. he's fine again - the last pic to the right... (mind you his whole time 'out' was with the 'icky' face), the only skin tones' I've downloaded have been the 'very popular' ones.. am also wondering if there is some incompatibility with the mud mask that they now use (and some of those skin tones..) I only add that as my alien and a few others may not have had / used that mud mask / soak (not all of my sims get this problem..) but if I have to delete the skin tones.. that would be sad... :confused:

So, if you know where I could go to fix these issues if not here...? Any ideas on cc problems & where to get them solved? tia
    Sim 2ab collage of cc skin problem.jpg sim_42_ae_480.jpg

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

All of these simply sound like they could be fixed with Zerbu's Sims 4 CC Tracker. It will extract your Sims information from the game file and compare it with a list in your Mods folder, resulting in cross comparisons and stating what they have on. From there, you can find the bad CC culprits and remove them from your folders.

Sasha likes this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha

Ok, Thanks @Kit I wasn't aware of that tool.. I have since changed the skin tone, but will use this in the future, it looks very cool... I believe it was the skin pack I used :/ I may have to delete these 2: one by simsperience as I also, really do get tired of 'random' weird colored skin, sims (like red and purple) wandering around in my game... lol: and another by s club, I think they may just have an issue with the mud mask action or something.. stuffing the look of the sim up, not immediately, but if they've ever used the 'mask' seems to be a common denominator...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  4. Sasha

Sasha

Does anyone know of a script or something to stop the game from using any of your cc for 'random' sims in the game, like 'not in worlds'.. etc? tia

5. Kit

You can open your CC with the new Sims 4 Studio tool and toggle the allowing random from NPCs off. It'll save for that CC file. =)

Sasha likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. Kit

@Sasha, you need the "Sugar" version or later. =) At the top left of your screen, yours says it's the "Joy" version.
    upload_2015-10-3_13-54-27.png

Sasha likes this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha

got it @Kit Thanks! :)

9. Sasha

Sasha

Now I've had time to check.. seems they are a 'default' or 'untouchable' kind of thing, as the right side is 'blank' when I click on it (unlike the other cc things) and it's 'name' is simsperience_freshskins_1-63_fixed so I guess the only other thing to do is delete it altogether? @Kit

10. Kit

@Sasha It's all about preferences. A lot of CC makers made default replacements back when the game first launched because we didn't know how not to. If you want to keep them, keep them. If not, there are over thousands (trust me, I should know XD) of CC out there to play around with!

Mendota and Sasha like this.