1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

I Think I Found My First Game-breaking Bug... =(

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Laspyra, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Laspyra

Laspyra

I was building a house (on a different, bigger lot from the one my Sims live on) in Oasis springs on my normal save game yesterday. I was planning on having them move into it when I was finished building.

This morning I go to load it up. The game loads fine initially. I get to the first loading screen (where they have the animations going on). I proceed to click play and wait a while. Thinking to myself, "man this is taking an awful long time to load today". Yeah, about 10 minutes later still loading. So I figure, "must just be bugged or something". I ctrl-alt-delete and start task manager, end The Sims 4 process, try again. Same thing. Initially loads fine, but then when I click play the loading screen just loads forever. So I do the same thing and try to load one of my other saves. That loads fine. Just can't load the save I was building the new house on. Maybe it has something to do with being saved on a different lot from the ones my normal Sim family lives in? I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me.

I was saving the build as a different save name so my family isn't completely lost. But still, took a long time to get to where I was on the house and I probably can't recreate it from my bad memory. Sucks that it's probably gone. I knew I should have saved the rooms I had finished when I finished them! Silly me. Anyone else have this same issue?

Just posted the issue on EA's The Sims 4 bugs thread.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Laspyra

Laspyra

Eh, it's not exactly game-breaking I suppose. =) I am so glad that I always have at least two saves for my sims. I am working on remaking the house right now and pretty much have all the same progress completed so far. I am going to save it under a new name a couple times, just in case. I don't want to mess up the original save. This time I also have saved the completed rooms to my gallery. =)

3. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

4. Jarron

Jarron

I posted here asking about the autosave a week ago. It does not make sense to me, the way it works.