1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Identifying CC in the Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anna, Nov 19, 2014.

Are you using CC in your game?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anna

Anna

OK, it is driving me nuts that it is such a pain to tell what is CC and what is not in this game. I have some that shows up with dark black borders, some that shows up with fine line borders, and most that does not have any indication whatsoever that it is CC. This is a major pain if you want to try to build and not use it for things you want to upload. Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn it off and on and/or filter it in or out?

When I add new CC and want to check it, it is so much more of a pain to find it than it was in 3. We need something from EA I think in build and buy and in CAS to show what is CC vs. the EA content.

2. crazytulip

crazytulip

3. Anna

Anna

Where? I have only 2 content filters for unlocked and purchased items. What we need is to be able to see in the catalogue what is CC like we could in 3. I just brought up the beds and I have one CC bed and there is zero showing in the catalogue that it is CC other than clicking on the item and reading the description where the artist said he/she made it.

And when I use the purchased filter it does not show up as that must be for when an EA store is added to the game later.

Filters are good when you want to find just CC, like we could do in 3, but we also need something to designate CC items in build, buy, and CAS.

4. Jarron

Jarron

In the build and buy mode where you filter objects, you can filter by custom.

*Edit: I think that is as good as you are going to get.

5. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I've got over 1,300 CC items in my game. :p Never really noticed about filtering them, because I just like... use them! The houses I build to put up on the gallery are all built in a vanilla Sims 4 folder, so I've never fussed about knowing if an item is CC/where it came from.

Jarron likes this.
  6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I'd assume a little CC Icon will be patched in eventually. If I remember correctly, Sims 3 got its CC icon in a patch shortly before World Adventures came out. So it might still be a while but it seems likely that we'll get something like that.
    That aside, the custom filter should suffice to find those objects as long as you know what category they are in, as Jarron suggested.

7. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

CC icon is very much needed. I also wish creators would make custom icons for their creations too (especially objects!). Would make things easier even in the long run.