1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to [email protected] with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Information needed on Ts3 and 4 installation/Play with a disc drive.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by kateoverend, Jul 11, 2017.

1. kateoverend

kateoverend

Help/Information needed please (^‿^)/ *ѕmɪle & wave*
    Hello fellow Simmers! I should probably know the answer to this question, but I do not, so please forgive my ignorance (*^‿^*) *blush* I have not Simmed in a year as I found myself without a pc. I only had a cheap, basic one that would not run Sims, after my gaming notebook was taken and I could not afford to replace it. I now am looking to purchase a new laptop (a laptop is prefered as I spend time in hospital where I like to Sim to occupy my thoughts while I am unwell) but to my dismay all pre-made/store purchased laptops no longer have an optical drive. I own all Ts3 games on disc (except Ambitions) and some of Ts4 and I have registered them with Origin. In the past I have always purchased and installed using the discs and when I click on the icon it always says it cannot play until a disc is inserted. My question is.. Without a disc drive, if I downloaded all my games via Origin instead of using the discs to install them, will I be able to play if no disc is inserted?
    Thank you in advance for any help (/^‿^)/ *нυgѕ & вleѕѕιngѕ*

...................(͡๏̯͡๏)(͡๏̯͡๏)
    ..........….( , ,)( , ,)
    ............. Ѽ●●●●● Ѽ’
    ...ʚįɞ…`Ѽ●●●●●●●●●●Ѽ’
    .......’ Ѽ●●●●●●●●●●●●●Ѽ’
    …..Ѽ (͡๏̯͡๏)●●●●● ღ♥ღ ●●●●●Ѽ’
    ‘..Ѽ●( , ,)●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●Ѽ’
    .’. Ѽ●●●●● ღ♥ღ ●●●●●●●●Ѽ’
    .....’ Ѽ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●Ѽ’
    …...........\ . \/ . /./ . /
    …............ \ . . /./ . /
    …..............\ . \/ . / ………….. ʚįɞ
    …...............l . . . l…………........
    …................l . . l ...' ʚįɞ………..
    ...... ' ʚįɞ .....l .. ..l ....(\_/)..
    ….............. l .. . .l ....( . .)
    ̡ ̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̡ ̡͌l̡*̡ı̴̴̡.̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴._ /. . . . .\_ .(")(") ı̴̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡.̡̡̡ ̡̡̡̡ ̡~̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡̡̡

♥•´¯`•нανє α ∂αу fιℓℓє∂ ωιтн ѕυиѕнιиє αи∂ нαρριиєѕѕ•´¯`•♥

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I would recommend you contact EA support. If you have the discs and they are registered, they may be able to provide them as downloadable versions for you.

It's a place to start anyway.