1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Inital reactions thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simb0t, Sep 2, 2014.

1. simb0t

simb0t

Since it's (finally live), some quick observations from me, and curious for yours!

The lots/worlds are beautiful: Art direction on this is really phenomenal.

Lots of sims everywhere:
    Every community lot I've been to has been loaded up with sims when they should be. Going to the bar at 9:30 AM on a Sunday was pretty dead, but the gym/park/library/museum were packed. Going the bar/lounge in the evening and it was packed, while there were fewer sims at the gym. Nice touch there.

The social interactions are a bit intrusive:
    Lot's of "Maxis favored XYZ" pop-ups. Annoying.

Load times aren't bad, but a bit silly:
    You'd think just popping up the map to figure out where to go wouldn't need a loading screen, right?

I really miss the open world. Really, I do. I miss following my sim driving from one end of town to the other, and seeing everything that's going on in between. Or, just seeing who was at the bar before I sent my sim on their way.

The fake building shells are taunting me. The community lots are fun, but I want to know what's in all those shops across the street in Willow Creek.

RubySul likes this.
  2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I haven't even finished building my first house! I'm anxious to start exploring the world, and thought I'd be done in a snap, but it's interesting moving the rooms around and figuring out how I want to place things etc.
    I'm excited to start exploring the world.

3. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

- These loading screens aren't that long, wow!
    - My sims look happy to be here!
    - Problem with clipping, a girl sat in the same seat my sim was sitting on.

Also, that awkward moment when your child sim walks in on their parents woohooing. Shh Bella, just hide under your covers.

Edit: Here's some more things I got from my first play.

- Children in the Sims 4 are the best yet in my opinion.
    - I wish children got 3 traits, I hate describing them in 1.
    - Building is extremely easy, I had difficulty figuring them out at first. I got the hang of it though.
    - The world is beautiful, however I noticed it's set up like Sims 2. Your Sims from other games are still in the same neighborhood. I also noticed that if you don't check your settings, they'll age up without you playing them.
    - Why are doll houses so big?
    - I wish we had the ability to impregnate a sim in CAS.
    - The time speed-up when sleeping is very neat! I think it's a great improvement across the games.
    - Anyone else notice Sims won't sleep in? If they're fully rested at 2AM they'll wake up at 2 AM. I didn't dig deep into this, so if someone could shine insight. I may have missed something.

- Multitasking is awesome. Noticed one thing: Say a sim family of 3 is sitting at a 4 person dining table. When talking, sims diagonal from each other will move to sit next to each other. Sims across and next to multitask.
    - I wanted to see my Sim children take the school bus, but one didn't show up. I don't know if there is one, or if it just didn't come today.
    - I noticed we couldn't set bed ownership. While it's not that big of a deal, I like to build rooms for specific sims.
    - I went to the map to find a restaurant, but there weren't any. I love that we have bars, but don't restaurants seem more practical? There might have been some, but not that I could notice. I also didn't get that long with the game.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  4. cedricweehunt

cedricweehunt Staff Member

It is a very pretty world, I have to admit. The graphics are good. I have played since the launch, but now it is time for bed. I love the new interactions and the emotions.

5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Haven't played it myself yet, but I watched a Stream for several hours and my overall impression so far is clearly: It's SO beautiful. I mean, it just looks good. Everything from the world and furniture to the animations. I can definitely tell that I will enjoy this game very much, by now.
    @Kenia That's MTS you're reading there! You couldn't find a forum that has proven to be more negative about the game! And that's not an opinion, you only need to read a couple of threads to notice that. Just saying, it might not be the best place to look for objective opinions out there. Not saying that these forum are either, though.

6. Meka3514

Meka3514

1). I absolutely love the graphics. Beautiful housing and scenery.
    2). I really like the emotions/socialization. My Sim got a chance to 'slap someone silly' and the animation for that was hilarious.
    3). I love all the community lots being fully populated with Sims; definitely makes making friends easier.
    4). My family had their 1st baby. I thought the baby would annoy me, but I absolutely loved it being in the crib. You still have to feed it and stuff or social services will come (yes, I got the pop up from social services lol). But the baby goes to daycare when at work, or off to another lot which is great. Baby just aged to child & I honestly don't miss toddler stage at all.
    5). The parties are awesome. My 1st party was a black/white affair and my 2nd a dinner party. Couldn't figure out how to hire caterer....does anyone know??
    6). I really miss cars and the carpool for work and the school bus. I think that would add to the realism of the game.
    Questions:
    1). None of my Sims from Create-A-Demo were in my library. Did anyone else have this problem?
    2). I didn't see any of the Sims from the article (Rico Bachelor, Power Couple) ????

7. Anna

Anna

For your CAS demo Sims to show up in the game copy the items in the Tray folder. And I agree that MTS is not a good place to get a valid critique. The atmosphere is very, very negative there. There are folks there who have stuck their heads in the sand and give anyone who thinks differently a really bad time now.

Almost all the reviews I have read from links here have been objective I thought, with people stating what they thought was good and bad.

I will be curious to see what more people who start playing it say here. I should be one later today.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The Sims from the Demo are not locally shared with the game, as both are separate applications. If you want to use them in the game, you either have to upload them to the gallery or hunt down their files in the Demo's library to transfer them manually.
    I think Rico and the Power Couple are no actual pre-made Sims in the worlds, but pre-made save files. You might find them if you try to load a specific save via the main menu. They were located there for those who got early review copies of the game, but I am not sure whether they are included with regular copies or not.

9. Meka3514

Meka3514

Thanks for the information. I appreciate the help. I'm probably overlooking the pre-made save files. I'll check again tomorrow.