1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Sorter/Conversation Organizer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meka3514, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Meka3514

Meka3514

Inventory Sorter
    I was curious if anyone has run into the problem with having so much stuff in your Sim's inventory that's it's impossible to sort through because everything is scrambled. I was Gardening & was Fertilizing my plants....and trying to find the Fish that my Sim caught....I'm scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. Slowed me down basically. None of the items are grouped together. I think we need a feature to sort inventory items....a filter (i.e. for example Show Herbs, or Show Fish, etc.). What are your thoughts?

Conversation Organizer
    Ok, I was curious if anyone has had trouble finding an 'emotional whim' when they're in a certain emotional state. For example, lets say your Sim is Confident and their emotional whim is to 'Show Off Muscles'. I usually have to pause my game, to find it, going through all the Friendly interactions. Remember in TS3, the 'Special' interaction, that had all interactions by trait or social group (rebel, jock, etc). It made it easier to find specific interactions. I think we need something similar in TS4 to help organize the Emotion interactions.
    Has this been a problem for anyone else?

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

The first one - super annoying... I definitely agree with you. Categories would be super helpful! I have a gardener/ collector who's working on herbology and her inventory is a nightmare.
    The second one doesn't bother me so much... they usually show up in the first click, and if not I right click and then click again and you get new options. I would take it if it was there... but I'm not missin' it either.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

Hmmm I see your point. With every expansion or game pack, there's a chance they'll add more and more interactions, so they're gonna have to come up with new ways to organize them.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.
  4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The first one is definitely a concern that should be addressed. It can easily become overwhelming to find something in a cramped inventory. I think, even very few categories could already help a lot here.
    The second concern doesn't bother me personaly, as I always pause the game when telling my Sims what to do, but even still I can imagine that turning into a big problem in the future. The Sims 4 already has a huge amount of interactions and that number will only grow. So yeah, both of these features should be added somewhere along the line. They are not as pressing as some other things, I think, but good ideas nontheless.

Esnes Nommoc likes this.