1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me or...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Argonaut, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Argonaut

Argonaut

Is it just me or do the Sims learn skills too quickly? Like I made my Sim paint and as soon as she touched the easel she learned the Painting skill... same with the others skills. It's like you can have your Sim work out one time and suddenly they learn the athletic skill, kinda annoying lmao.

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I think it's just a starting out skill point. It does it to show up on the skill tab so you can watch the progress or whatever.
    When you touch the skill object it starts you out with 1, because if you had to work from 0 to 1, how would that be displayed? I mean since unlearned skill don't show up on the skill tab, the skill tab would be full of all the skills that you can learn listed- all with a '0' by them, which would cause clutter.

Also, f I remember correctly, if you get your child sim a high enough skill, what it translates to when they are teens will start out as a 2 (or more?).
    Like getting the child's Creativity skill above 5(?) that child as teen will have Painting 2 as soon as they paint on the easel.

3. TheAllu

TheAllu

Level 1 is basically the level 0