1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it too weird?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenia, Aug 31, 2014.

1. The Sims 4 has been marketed with this slogan "weird" but I find it sometimes to be an excuse for lack of features that add a realistic aspect to the game. I understand that it's marketing for the new players but don't forget the old ones. Hopefully they listen and this "weird" phase will die down regarding expansions.

Are some features too weird?

2. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

Not at all. They aren't talking about the weird like talking animals, flying cars, and boxing potatoes, they're talking about the Sim's intelligence and life. They're much more smarter than before and they're capable of doing so much more than the ordinary sim. I don't find any of the features queerer than any other Sims game. The Sims from the other Sims games were, to put it bluntly, stupid compared to these ones. Plus, the Sims in the Sims 4 are much more alive than before and look full of life. Plus, it's the marketing tagline. It'll most likely change over time to fit the criteria of the expansion/stuff pack.

3. I agree. I don't mean weird as in pigs flying cars into the sunset weird, there are some features that take weird to a whole new level.

4. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

@Kenia

I guess you do have a point. I don't want my Sim dying from hysteria, but they said it's hard to do so I wasn't too worried.

5. Yeah, I guess I can't really say anything about the gameplay until I get my hands on it. :rolleyes: :roll:

6. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

One example of the Sims being weird is that one sim on Friday's live broadcast that went and jumped in the bubble bath fully clothed. It may seem silly but to me that was hilarious and I love that the sims seem to have minds of their own now, although we can still control them too. I think it's going to take a few days of gameplay to really see the difference but I'm looking forward to it! And @Mattyboi I lol'd about you saying previous sims were stupid. Haha! Poor sims! You're right though, in comparison. Especially with them now being able to multitask.

7. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

I'm not crazy about the emotional deaths. Maybe if it were an elder sim, I could understand - heart attack maybe? But for a young adult sim to die from laughter? I hope that doesn't happen in my game. They did say that you have to really push for it though and it's not easily going to happen. We shall see in less than 48 hours!!

8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

If you've watched friday's Live Broadcast, it really seems to be very hard to push a Sim far enough to die an emotional death. They tried to accomplish two of the three known emotional deaths and failed at both, so they decided to just kill off the Sim by letting him burn to death.
    Apart from the emotional deaths I can't think of any feature that I'd call weird.

9. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I must say, I'm still not sure whether that was a feature or a bug. At first i thought he must have the Insane trait, but that was not the case. I don't actually remember the emotion he had at that point. Could it be tied to him being embarrassed at that point? I guess we will see...

StarryNiteSims likes this.
  10. Anna

Anna

I think it is more marketing and not so much the actual game. Sims has always been unreal but that is what makes it fun. It is a game and not RL. I think they have overdone the weird promotion of it and definitely think it is aimed for a far younger and newer audience than me. Overall I think it is just part of a poorly done marketing campaign for the game.