1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

June 2nd Patch.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtomicSimmer, Jun 2, 2016.

1. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

The New Patch is so cool with this gender thing. I put a female swimsuit on my male sims lol Its so funny looking.

Jarron likes this.
  2. Ghjdi

Ghjdi

Some things were added that wasn't in the patch notes, like getting water from the sink and refrigerator! Food pictures and over all better textures for the foods, the "ask to just be friends" interaction, and new color options for carpets and a new wall texture.

3. amyculs2

amyculs2

I personally find this patch disturbing and totally unnecessary. Disturbing in the fact that in my country we do not have them and 97% of people do not support them for cultural and religious reasons which some of you may not understand because you don't follow a religion and do not understand how my belief in God feels as an importance to myself. I also find it unnecessary in the fact that why do we need pregnant male sims or make transgenders when if they really feel like a girl they would make a girl and not a guy dressed as a girl. Just keep it male and female its less confusing and I also think in many years to come people who have grown up seeing this and whatnot may be potentially fooled into thinking they have this condition when in reality they don't and then you have a massive crisis of people regretting what they did because they are glamouring it to impressionable young people.

Matarratas and StamperCat like this.
  4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find your comment quite disrespectful. I applaud Maxis for adding this to the game; whether you 'agree' with it or not, trans issues are a real thing in the real world, and I think the inclusion of that in the game is a beautiful thing and a massive step forward; not just in Sims, but in the gaming industry in general.

If it goes against your personal beliefs, you have the option to simply not use it in the game. :)

Jarron likes this.
  5. Ghjdi

Ghjdi

It's completely optional and non intrusive to the point where, had they not told you about the patch before hand you'd probability wouldn't have know it was there. It doesn't effect townies or the sims you've made or will make unless you actively changed it, and the only way those options show up is if you clicked it. The game is otherwise the same as it was before the patch but with bug fixes, better lighting, and some new things and interactions I even listed above.
    You have to keep in mind that we live in a world full of different people from different walks of life that, with many diverse cultures, religions, beliefs systems, idealogies and that the sims as a whole is a life simulation game that tries to appeal to broad range of those people. You have to remember that sims is about playing the way you want while at the same time not limiting the way others want to play their game. As far as the younger audience goes, the best thing anyone could do (mind you this my opinion) is be informative, in a respectful way, and mindful of others and their belief, regardless of whether or not they agree or disagree with said beliefs. Because at the end of the day we are all human, we are not perfect, we all make mistakes, we're all unique, and we live and learn. With all things being said, I think ignorance is far more dangerous to the youth, or anyone really, in the long run. I hope you understand where I'm coming from :disrelieved: I sometimes find it difficult to explain things or express how I feel, so I hope I didn' t offend anyone or anything.

Marina likes this.
  6. amyculs2

amyculs2

I'm not being disrespectful and get where you all are coming from but from my perspective God has taught me that it's wrong and shouldn't be done and now im torn on weather i should play the game because it infringes on the teaching of God. I also believe that yes people should have a choice but im not sure a political move like this does a game favors, im also not ignorant with religion and accept the jews and muslims and protestants equally, and believe that all these gods are the same with a different name but it satates in the bible that its wrong so then agoin im torn, its a circle of loops.

Matarratas likes this.
  7. Ghjdi

Ghjdi

I never called you disrespectful nor was I implying you were ignorant to different religions :coldsweat: Sorry if you thought I was. I was mostly speaking in general terms, but I do understand what you mean. My point was the new update was meant to draw people from all walks of life in while simultaneously keeping the original options available (which are the default options) to those who don't wish to use the new features. It wasn't about religion, it was about opening up more options for self expression in a game. It's why I like sim games, because I get to make my own stories with these little digital people. :blush: It's fun.

8. Jarron

Jarron

In the end no one cares about your beliefs but you, and no one else really needs to hear them- what you do, with a game, is entirely up to you. You can play it, and ignore what you feel is bad, or you can not play it, and save yourself the quandry. It doesn't effect anyone else, what you chose to do. only you. choose for yourself.