1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Lothsgar Legacy

Discussion in 'Stories and Legacies' started by Ruusaanyc, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ruusaanyc

Ruusaanyc

I've been playing the Lothsgar family since TS2, although the family tree is a bit vague due to TS3 never letting me play more than 2 generations before glitching so badly I'd have to start over and re-create whatever the Lothsgar family looked like before the save file got too corrupted to load.
    Due to aforementioned glitching, I was never able to play the official legacy challenge with TS3, which made me sad because multi-generation play is my favorite aspect of the Sims, and the challenge looked fun. So, with the release of TS4, I'm going to make my first attempt in years to play a real, "official" legacy!
    I'm using the Equality-Strength-Strict Traditional succession laws. I love the new "strength" option. The Lothsgars are just that sort of family. Several previous heirs to the Lothsgar dynasty have met with "mysterious" deaths.
    Ruth.jpg
    This is Ruth Lothsgar, my founder. She has the classic Lothsgar dark hair and pale eyes. By this point in time, the Lothsgar family practically owns the town and has more money than they could ever hope to spend, so Ruth was raised like a virtual princess, with every luxury imaginable. As the first born, she stood to inherit the vast Lothsgar fortune.
    Like many of her ancestors, Ruth is a loner with a creative personality. Unlike her ancestors, she is reluctant to marry and continue her line. In fact, she hates children and wants to put off producing an heir for as long as she can.
    Unfortunately her highly ambitious younger brother was not so reluctant, and already had two children to show off to his and Ruth's parents. Knowing her brother's ambition, and noticing her parents' attitude towards her becoming... frosty, Ruth decided to make a break for it before a carefully planned "accident" could clear the way for her brother. There were no tears shed at home over her departure. She was promptly disowned.
    Now Ruth has gone from a life of luxury to being stranded in Willow Creek with hardly a Simoleon to her name. She'll have to rebuild her life from the ground up, and hopefully find someone along the way who will be up to the challenge of raising an heir mostly single-handed... don't expect to find Ruth changing any smelly diapers or helping with any homework!

Mitchi32 likes this.
  2. Cate

Cate

Looks cool. I love her story. I just bookmarked.

3. buriedwarf

buriedwarf

Nice story. Can't wait for the game to come out so all those stories can come to life.

4. Gotaluvsims

Gotaluvsims

Nice! I noticed that a lot of people had the same generational problems that I did in Sims 3. I could go up to 4 maybe 5 generations (if I was lucky) before the game crapped out on me. Can't wait to see this. :)

5. Geronimo

Geronimo

Sounds like it'll be a fun one :)