1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Games

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 4, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I was wondering if you can 2 families in 2 games.
    I don't want a share neighborhood and don't know if it's possible.
    I've been playing as one family and I've started another in another game. I went back to the main menu and clicked on Load and only see 3 spots.
    -an Auto save for the last family I played
    -the new family I made
    -the old family
    My real question is, will the old family save get written over if I save again in my new family? Like the mor I save will it scoot down the list?
    You know as I'm asking this I think it won't, but I want to know if anyone has been playing with multiple families in multiple new games and can still have access to all of them.
    Thanks and happy simming!!!!!

2. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

No. SimGuruGraham said that games wont override each other and you can have two or more games at a time.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Autosaves are being overwritten. There is only one Auto-Save file at all times. Regular saves, however are not being overwritten. When you press 'Save' the game will overwrite the latest Save of that game. When you press 'Save as...' the game will ask you which save should be overwritten or if you want to create a new one. I always recommend using 'Save as...' to give each game a unique name so you'll never get confused. And to help the save being more stable, you should not overwrite a save file too often. In Sims 3 I always created a fresh save file via 'Save as...' every real time week.

uhleeshuh and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Alright thank you guys!!