1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

My Sims Only Have Boys!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Sean Munden, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Sean Munden

Sean Munden

Hi there!

All the children my sims have are boys, I'm tired of them and I'd like a girl. Is there anyway to force them to have a girl like in the Sims 3? Also they all look like the dad, the mothers genetics never come through and it's really strange lol. Thankyou!

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to influence gender right now. They might add it in, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be high on their priority list.

3. doll

doll

So far all my sims kids have been boys, hoping to see if I can break that cycle because it's just getting frustrating now.

4. Meka3514

Meka3514

I just got the Collector's Guide, and it doesn't mention anything about influencing gender. In my 1st game, I had two girls and a boy. & now in my 2nd game, I've had 4 boys back to back. @ Sean Munden....I totally feel your frustration. I'd like to have more girls too. Hopefully they include something to influence a babies gender, soon.

5. Sean Munden

Sean Munden

Thanks for replying, super frustrating! :/ I'm on my 3rd gen already and I'm on the 6th boy.

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

I'm wondering if we should file this under a bug :3

7. Anna

Anna

I will be able to report soon. So far my sim had a boy, then for her second child she had a boy. I did not save 3 times and each time it was a boy. The next generation is expecting so 2 more babies are on the way. I will have to see if they are boys too. I hope there is at least one girl this time.

8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

It seems that it is hard wired in your female sim what babies she will have even before trying to conceive. I had a couple have twins- started a new neighborhood with the same couple who had twins again- a boy and a girl both times.
    I don't know it was just coincidence. I am hoping to experiment with this when my teen ages up. I want to try saving before TFB and once it is born reload and start the pregnancy over to see if I get the same gender. I also want to try messing with emotions while TFB- maybe that has something to do with it- or even the day of the week lol!
    If I find anything I'll post about it. I'm excited to see what I come up with.

9. Meka3514

Meka3514

Great theories! Please let me know what you find out. My Sim finally had twin girls, after 4 boys (two sets of twins). But I had divorced and remarried another Sim, & finally had girls. Her ex had fathered some other kids in previous relationships, & they were all boys, so I'm wondering if the male determines gender (like in real life) and it has something to do with their emotions as you mentioned.

10. Anna

Anna

My sim had a boy, did not save, and had a boy again. Her sister then had a girl. So after about 8 boys including ones not saved when born, there is finally a girl.