1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

New traits and aspirations?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get To Work' started by Pyziulka, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

There is a lot of new info about GTW but I can't find anything about traits and aspirations. Truth is aspiration is not that important as you can change it anytime but traits are different story. I just would like to know what new traits will we get. I wanted to prepare my sim (now a child) to new career and just wonder if new traits will be that important to it.

Am I the only one curious? ;)

2. jeLlyBeAn1573

jeLlyBeAn1573

SimGuruAzure said in an interview that there are no new traits or aspirations coming with GTW. The interview is on Simvip's front page if you want to check it out.

3. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

Oh I didn't see it - I can't access youtube at work :( I was hoping for few new traits...

4. jeLlyBeAn1573

jeLlyBeAn1573

I know me too! I'm sure they will add some in the future though; maybe even in a free patch. :)

5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

If you want to experiment with new traits a little, there are actually a lot of player generated traits out there. Some of them are really good and have a more significant impact on gameplay than most of the Maxis traits. Something I've been playing around with recently is Zerbu's Buff and Trait Factory, which allows you to easily create your own traits. It can be a lot of fun to create some really ridiculous traits and see them at work in the game.

6. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

O may be the only one but I don't like to use any mods or CC. I may finally download some and try - I have "no cleaning potty" for TS3 - but right now I like to have my game "as producers wanted it to be" ;) Those new traits made by modders may be fun, but I'm a bit afraid to use them. I think I will stick with what I have for now. I don't have much time to play and there is a lot I didn't do yet ;)

Mitchi32 likes this.
  7. DerMonarch

I can understand that. But just in case you should ever try it out, I've rarely had any issues with mods and CC in my time. The most important thing is really to stick to creators and sites that have proven to be trustworthy. That and a little playtesting in throwaway saves after game updates is usually enough to keep the game clean and files uncorrupted. I do see the appeal of playing the game without mods and CC however. Over the years I had amassed tons of mods and CC for Sims 2 and only when I threw Sims 2 off of my computer to install the Ultimate Collection did I notice that I had lost a lot of the original beauty of the game somewhere along the way between ultra modern furniture, sparkly eyeshadow and pompous hair styles. I've been playing Sims 2 without mods too since then and I am actually really enjoying it a lot more again.

8. Kokoro80

Kokoro80

You're not the only one. I prefer to keep my game free of mods and cc too. I used a lot of cc hairs in TS3 because the EA hairs were all hideous, especially when the base game first came out, but I really like all the hairs in TS4 base and haven't felt the need for any cc yet.

9. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I'm bit shocked, this is the first time in the game's franchise that a bigger game pack (discounting Stuff Packs other than Fast Lane) that hasn't added a new Aspiration or Trait.

Although given how everything works I'm not too surprised

1. Althoguh I do think they should re-do most Traits since they don't feel as influencing as in Sims 3 sadly, but they are mostly oriented at rather few things)

2. Same with Aspiratinos, we don't have "Reach Level 10 of the Spy career" or anything like that anymore.

10. DerMonarch

Only if you start counting with the Sims 3 base game. Sims 2 only got one additional aspiration throughout its entire life span. The aspirations aren't really something that needs a lot of additions to it due to their less specialized nature compared to the lifetime wishes in Sims 3. We already have quite a few aspirations in the Sims 4 base game that fit quite well to the new careers and the stores. Assuming they add new whims with the expansion that are triggered by those aspirations (such as 'Own a business' for the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration), there is really no need for more aspirations.

Now traits, I agree that the current traits could and should have more impact on the gameplay. I'd appreciate things like the 'Hates children' trait preventing a Sim from ever being friendly to a child as long as they aren't relatives. It would certainly present a lot of great opportunities for gameplay. On the other hand, I can also see a lot of people complaining about something as extreme as that.