1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Obesity in my game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnBigOz, Oct 26, 2014.

1. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Seriously, nearly most of my sims become ... fat.. when I play them, someone who started being borderline starved to death ended up being chubby now.

Question I actually have is, what exactly IS the trick with this? Are foods all different, do Spaghetthi make your sim more fatter than say Green Salad? Or do sims gain weight when they overeat once their hunger bar is filled up?

benji_br likes this.
  2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I doubt that different foods have different effects on your Sim's weight. I think it just depends on how much they eat in general. So, as you said, when they eat even though their hunger bar is full, they will gain weight. Personally I haven't had many problems with overweight Sims. Even if my Sims gain more weight than I would want them to have, a short visit to the gym and they are thin again. Actually, I would like it if they made it harder to lose weight. It's ridiculous how fast the Sims lose it on the treadmill.

JohnBigOz likes this.
  3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Yep, I've noticed this as well. It definitely seems more extreme than in TS3

4. benji_br

benji_br

I've had the same problem and I have come up with a theory. Have you noticed how sims are always snacking when left with autonomy? Also, they seem to always be having a barbecue at the common area of my neighborhood.

Like you guys said, they gain weight if they eat when their hunger bar is full. I think if they stopped autonomously snacking/barbecuing when they're not hungry, we wouldn't return to a household of obese sims.

It's just an idea. What do you guys think?

5. Gorf2010

Gorf2010

I think it may also depend on the Sim's fitness level. One Sim I used to play has become a hippo, while another, which I made level 10 fitness, is now Mrs. Schwarzenegger