1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

One year of The Sims 4!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Aug 25, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

The Sims 4 is turning one on September 2nd!

Do you guys remember how we were one year ago? I remember I was checking multiple videos and checking every info available on the game, grasping for something new that would saciate my curiosity (or maybe enhance it even more?).

Then the night it came out I went to bed early and then woke up at about 2am (I think that's when they said the game would be available), played it for a couple hours and went back to bed. Then did absolutely nothing but play it for the rest of the week.

Do you guys remember how it felt back then? What were your thoughts and wishes and fears about the game?

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

It really doesn't seem like it's been a year to me! A year ago, I was actually not wanting to buy the game because I was so sad about toddlers not being in it. But my husband had already pre-ordered for me for my birthday. =) I'm so glad he did but let's be honest, I'd probably have bought it anyways. Lol.

And yes, I was hanging on every word of the game, analyzing screenshots, playing videos over and over (my poor husband...) but that hasn't changed much. XD I still do all of that!

MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

@Kit, I still do that too =P

I just remembered something else: Create a Sim Demo! I have never made so many sims like I made those weeks before the release, just so I could have some contact with the game.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

@benji_br
    This time one year ago I hadn't wanted it because of no toddlers and the closed worlds. I was happily surprised though when I got the Sims 4 for Christmas :) I played it just after Christmas and I've been playing the Sims 4 ever since :)

Matthew.

benji_br likes this.
  5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Do you still create a lot of Sims? I honestly am still using ones from my library!!

I was doing the same thing... I actually booked the day off work so I could just sit and play completely uninterrupted. ;)

benji_br likes this.
  6. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@benji_br @Mitchi32 Omg, I didn't even get into the CAS beta. I was -so- upset. XD I wanted in it so bad! When it opened to public, I couldn't stop either. My legacy is actually still from the founder I made in the demo. XD

Mitchi32 and benji_br like this.
  7. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea

It's been a year? Gosh..Well I remember wanting it for a graduation present (Graduated on the 9th!) - Oh gosh..it's been a year..what is time? I don't even know anymore..but anyway!

I was quite excited for it! The whole loss of toddlers didn't really bother me, they were a pain in TS3 & so were the babies they just made the whole experience a little less fun but...damn they were cute!

benji_br likes this.
  8. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

I love it! got it on releas september 4th and was founding it soooo impresivev in many ways! yeay some tiny stuff like storyprogression was not tehr ( tleast not in an big way ) therfor ther put so many tiny details to the gameplay!for generations players like me its good actuly! And as it is the first sims game wear i realy begin from point Zero( NO EXPENSION OUT JUST BASEGAME) is was exitet and afraid it would get boring Soon and than i would wait until ther have more expensions and it would be a wayst on my PC but i ACTULY nearly never get bored! just sometimes in one of my famalys wear i was like What to do now becaus this was on of thes days wear i could not play my Private story i have in my head as i was not quite sure what to do with it now! With the first expension i actuly finaly get what i realy wantet to tell with the other famaly ( wich is relative to my ORGINAl famaly wich is at Generation two now as my real stoory teling begane in November!) With now an singal woman soon turning Aduld in the Police carrer ( DAME i LOVE Get to work SO MUCH) Her new soon boyfriend is actuly her first becaus lets just say i totaly forgot the romantic aspect of her high school years and she actuly never had much friends beside her BF and now her new friends at the police station that nearly never chill with her outside worke but atleast call sometimes to check on her ! nice :) Than the other famaly having Issus in like I hate you mom and i hate you daughter ( she just keept her for her boyfriend killed bye the cow plante :D SimGuruSahra laughed when i tolde her! And now the idea is the moment The mother dies the buisnis of Chlothing goes over to her daughter ,The nerd who i planed to be a QUEEN BEE but than somehow it did not worke out ( thats the moment wear i wished an group systhem that realy acts as an social life aspect ingame, thang you Get together for bringing this ) so she ended up with just on best friend wear I played with the idea of having him as boyfriend until i decided to let her boyfriend be Mortimer ( she is actuly hot! From birth on in the hospital of get To worke( i will always use this now when someone gets an baby unlase i thing mayby she ore he if its an Alien gets it at home) And now she has like big boobs an nice good locking Ass and everything)) And Mortimer is like HECk and hell for her! even when the friendship bare is everytime i chek so much hire but i realy want them to turne it on slowly, dame i so ned an University pack so that she can go to university and than get to siande, i bet ther comebine this expension and the uni one when ther make it so that the degrees will actuly help us at the GTW carrers n ot just the ones from basegame and such. oh come from the theme haha sry :D but if an simguru reads this YOU CAN USE MY UNIVERSITY IDEA IF YOU WANT haha :D

9. CanuckSimmer

CanuckSimmer Staff Member

Wow, can't believe it's been a year already!! I have to admit, I was very skeptical about the game at this point last year. No toddlers, open world, Create-A-Style... However, I'm over sulking and happily enjoying the game although I do hope some of these things make a come back!

I was also checking every day to see if I'd get the create-a-sim demo...but alas, no luck. Oh well, I only wanted it so I could be playing some part of the game, lol!

Time flies when your having fun!

benji_br likes this.
  10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Wow the Sims 4 is 1 year old. It sure doesn't seem like its been that long. I wonder if EA will have some kind of special free something patched into the game for the celebration?? I know I wasn't to sure on how Sims 4 was going to run when it came out I still had my old computer yet. I am looking forward to this time next year to see how far the game has come along when the sims 4 turns 2.