1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Open for Business

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Oct 5, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Apartment Concept
    -Bring back the apartment concept from TS2/TS3. Have "claimable" or lockable doors, more limiting options to doors.
    With apartments, there will be an "Claimed/Unclaimed" option to doors. Unclaimed doors will black out the room the arrow is pointing into during Live Mode. During Build Mode, however, all rooms will be visible. ?You know what? Maybe not 'blacked out' but 'faded out'. So we can still see the floor and walls, but not the furniture and decor.
    -Bring back basements if possible- if not, be able to have up to 5 floors max.
    -You can make your own apartment building from the ground up,
    ?maybe have the option to become a landlord (by buying a license) and collect rent from sims that move in- giving you the option to evict sims you don't want
    -by being a landlord you would have to be in charge of fixing plumbing problems your tenants have and be on call 24/7, or they will move out and give your place a bad review (more on reviews later).
    ?maybe just claim your room and pay bills for your claimed apartment
    Neighborhood Style
    [​IMG]
    -Make the style of the neighborhood Browstone (seen above) by adding lots closer together or larger to create more on one lot.
    -Multiple classifications per lot:
    • Have a Primary and Secondary lot option available as to create a functional home business, where the home is a Primary and the business is Secondary. Note: The number of required objects for a certain venue to be called that type of venue must be met.
    Example: To have a home bakery business, you can build a bakery on the bottom floor with all the specifications required met, and a home on the second and third floor. To classify your lot, you will put Residential as the Primary, and Bakery as Secondary. Now that a Venue has been established, customers will come (More on customers in a moment).​
    -A household will be able to buy lots or already-made venues and make money off of them.​

Decor
    Contemporary:​
    [​IMG]
    Industrial:​
    [​IMG]
    Self Employment
    -Sims can register themselves as "Self Employed..." again.
    -They can keep track of their earnings like in TS3 in paths like Painting, Writing, Gardening,
    Sculptor,
    ... and so on? I can't remember all the Self Employed Careers lol! Sorry!
    Businesses
    -Sims will be able to make money off owned Venues, whether it is on your home lot or not. Under your Career Panel there will display tabs for owned businesses, their ratings, and how much money they have individually made.
    -Sims will be able to Sell their Business if it's not working out for them.
    -If the owner of the business dies, an action window will open asking if you want to sell the business or put another member of the household at the helm.
    -2 Businesses max? Not sure what would be manageable.
    -To open a business sims must pay for a license in the type of business they want. Then they must purchase a lot and build on it or purchase a pre-made lot. They may also already have it built into their Home lot. **Sims cannot buy a Venue that they do not have a license for. Sims who inherit a business will have 48 hours to buy a license in that type of business to keep the business or it will automatically be sold.
    -I feel like I'm a lawyer right now.

-Once a license is obtained, an option on the door to your business will become available to Set Hours, and other doors to limit customer exploration around your lot, along with employees.
    -Types of businesses:
    Florist:
    +Centers on the Gardening skill, the higher skill you have, the more elaborate and higher quality your bouquets will be.
    +You will have to garden your own plants needed to make certain bouquets.
    +Will introduce more flowers to grow.
    Bakery
    +Centers on a new Baking skill, with the return of the 'Baker's Station'.
    +More pies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies to bake and sell.
    +Will reintroduce Recipe Books (Not only for baking, but cooking in general)
    Bistro/Diner
    +Centers on Gourmet Cooking skill and Cooking skill, respectively. These will be have to set up like a small restaurant. Where they will come in and seat themselves (hey! maybe they have friends already there?) The will wave to have their order taken.
    +You will have to cook their orders up on the spot. Or if you want to cut corners, you can cook many meals and save them in your fridge. Though the customer may not like reheated day-old spaghetti!!
    ???
    +Centers on Mechanical skill.
    +More objects created on the 'Workbench', whether it is furniture, sculptures, or the reintroduction of toys.
    +Maybe a new mechanical object that allows you to create electronic devices
    Bar, Lounge, Nightclub
    +You will now be able to own your own bar, lounge, and nightclub. Whether you want to put your own Mixology, Comedian, or instrumental skills to the test or not.
    Landlord
    +You will have to keep your apartment spic and span and functioning properly for your tenants. They will complain about neighbors and call for broken faucets and fires.
    ?Maybe some tenants will not pay their weekly rent on time- giving some more depth to this?
    +Sims that aren't happy with your landlordship will move out and give you a negative review- don't be a slum lord!!!
    Farmer
    +Centers on Gardening skill.
    +Able to hire Employees to help tend your farmland.
    Salon
    +Centers on new skill of Beauty which will include: Tattooing, Styling, Masseuse.
    Note: Styling includes Manicure and Pedicure options along with Beautician and Clothes Styling.
    Gym
    +Sims will be able to run their own Gym and become a personal trainer.

Addition through through editing in GREEN!

Unsure thoughts in BLUE!
    I've had to split this in half because I hit the 1,000 word limit. Continue down for the other half.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Esnes Nommoc, Gabe, Royal and 3 others like this.
  2. Jarron

Jarron

All very good ideas. I can see us getting some of these things in future expansions. They have the areas for the shops... When I send them to the museum in Willow Creek I SO want to go across the street and look at those shops there. :confused:

Gabe and uhleeshuh like this.
  3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Jarron lol! I know!!! That's what I want!!

4. benji_br

benji_br

Awesome! Uhleeshuh, you're the best. Here's what I would add:

- The option to hire people based on their skills and traits and have them work for you doing a certain task.
    You know how you can develop apps and videogames? Or how they can write books and music, make paintings or even carve at the workbench and then make money out of these things? What if you could hire people and pay them to do that? Yes, that's right, you could actually run a small company. The higher their skills, the more you'd have to pay them. And traits could also be relevant. That would also apply to restaurants, bakeries etc and also bars. Or what if you had a Rocket factory? That could be really cool. And that all leads me to my next point...

- New management and sales skills.
    Yes, having managing as a skill and the more skilled the sim is, the better the employees would work and more money would be made. And for sales, it would be pretty much like it was in The Sims 2 - only now as a skill, not a badge.

- Self Employment.
    Yes, just like in The Sims 3. I know we can already not have a job and just make money selling crafts and collectibles, but I just don't like how it says that our sims are unemployed when they're actually working a lot.

- Service Business
    You own a lot and you can provide services bases on skills and get paid for it, like being a personal trainer if you have a high athletic skill. New skills could include massages, manicure/pedicure, tattoos, maybe even counseling? Also have it integrated with a future medical career and sims could open their own practice.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@benji_br
    The only problem I see with hiring people (especially based on their skills) is the fact that unplayed sims don't raise their skills? Do they? I thought that was part of the story progression thing that's gone now. But I cannot believe I forgot to mention hiring people at all LOL! I'll edit it in later :S
    ---
    How would you raise the management skill? Books only? Working during your work hours? Every good review you get? Then what about the sales skill? Every time someone buys your service raises it? Maybe just books. Like those skills are just something sims can go out of their way to learn so they can have a better business?
    ---
    Yeah! The "Resgister as Self-Employed" to come back!!
    ---
    AAH! :O!! I love it! Sims could own their own beauty spa from TS3 lol and sims with the Tutor option can register as a tutor and get paid to do it!

benji_br likes this.
  6. benji_br

benji_br

Hmmmm I think you're right. Well, I guess they could still make it happen!

Maybe it would be just like the charisma skill that the more you talk the higher the level goes. Every sale you make counts, for instance, and there would be different sales interactions (and you'd unlock them as you level up), as well as books. Maybe online courses? Same goes for management.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  7. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@benji_br true! I do hope they'll bring back the story progression!!! that would add more depth to hiring sims.
    and yeah I can see the sales skill working like that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: where the more you communicate with customers, using certain interactions, will raise it. Like how I can follow the interactions that have the sunglasses on them to raise my sims' charisma.
    And management you can do the same but communicate with your employees!! AAH!! :eek: It all came together!!! :praying: (it says 'praying' but it looks like a high five)
    I'll edit da post!

benji_br likes this.
  8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Employees
    -Once you have an Open business, your sim will have the option (through a computer) to Hire Employees.
    -When browsing through applications, you will see sims' traits and skills. When you find an employee you would like to hire, just click on them and "Hire".
    -Employees are to be maintained. They should be kept Happy to get the most work out of them. If employees get Tense or any other Negative mood, you, as a Boss, will be able to 'Take a Break' or even 'Discipline' them. Don't let Employees remain unhappy- they may quit or walk out for the day! You will also be able to 'Fire' them in person.
    -You will be able to click on your Employee and give them tasks, whether it is to Tend Garden, Run the Register, Take Orders, or Tend to Customers.
    New Business Skills
    -There are now 2 new skills that will help you run a better business. Sales and Management.
    Sales
    +Sims can now learn the 'Sales' skill to give a more positive and longer lasting impact on customers to keep them happy which will lead to better customer service and better reviews.
    +This skill will be learned through Sales interactions or by reading a skill book.
    Management
    +Sims can now learn the 'Management' skill through social interactions with their employees.
    +This skill will also be learned through reading a kill book.
    +With a higher Management skill your sim will be able to give a more positive and longer lasting impact on their employees.
    +Through improving your Business rating and getting good customer reviews, this skill will also be gained.
    Customers and Reviews
    -Customers will come during business hours and expect good service and a good time. Keep tabs on their emotions- don't let them walk out the door feeling angry or bored.
    -Once a customer leaves they will run a chance of leaving a review.
    -Every business has a rating of 1-5 stars. All businesses start with 1 star. Stars will be gained or lost based on objectives achieved. Such objectives could be:
    Receive 20 happy reviews.
    Earn $2,000.

?Maybe buy certain high quality objects like "Have a stove worth over $1,500".
    ?The Landlord business may be different, such as maybe updating to expensive windows, doors, updating wallpaper and floors.

They will start off small and simple and will get harder with each star gained.
    ?I am thinking that gaining stars should be a huge task (Making it more rewarding). So like one couldn't open a business on Monday and have a 5 star booming nightclub on Friday. It needs to be a bit challenging.
    -With more good reviews and stars gained, more customers will start coming.
    -If you receive many bad reviews and lose enough stars, your license will be revoked and you will be shut down, where the business will be sold for what it's worth. Note: If the business is on your home lot, the doors will be shut!

?Maybe an advertising option. So if sims rarely come to your brand new Bistro, you can click on a computer and set an advertisement campaign for X number of days to help business along. Of course it will cost you.
    -Sims with a high Mischievous skill can spam good/bad reviews for their own household's business.

Business Panel

-When becoming a business owner, your sim will become an Entrepreneur. Your career panel will show you:
    Your business' name and star rating.
    Your overall customer happiness (red to green).
    Your objectives and progress toward achieving them.
    -If you have multiple businesses, there will be a tab for each owned by that sim.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Esnes Nommoc, Gabe and benji_br like this.
  9. benji_br

benji_br

oooooh this is sounding great!

uhleeshuh likes this.
  10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion

I think unplayed Sims do earn skills, but only specific ones. Like the Townie my Sim married had skills in cooking (I assume from grilling in the park), Charisma/Comdey (from socalisation) Fishing and Logic (playing chess in the park)

benji_br likes this.