1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on The Sims 4's style and look

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlo Dvoršćak, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Karlo Dvoršćak

Karlo Dvoršćak

I would like to hear some of your opinions on the look and graphics in the sims 4! :)

2. George

George

I like it, the game looks like it has life in it. Sims 3 looked a little bland, don't know if its because the Sims 4 is more stylized while the Sims 3 went for a realistic look.

This is a good example:

[​IMG]

Jordan and Karlo Dvoršćak like this.
  3. Daveo

Daveo

I really like the look of The Sims 4 - personally I think its the best looking of all the series so far. In my opinion The Sims 3 tried too hard to look realistic and in many cases the Sims looked like copies of each other (or maybe just my non existent art skills!)

4. Anna

Anna

I did not like it at all at first, but now really like the look of the sims. I hope they look as good in the game as in CAS. I am more used to the overall look now and can't really judge until I see it live. One person said back when that it is like an animated movie or a storybook. I think I just need to have the mindframe of that is where I am. If I watch Tangled I don't think it looks strange as it does not look real. I think once I am used to it I will like it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    htairchix likes this.
  5. Anna

Anna

That is a good comparison to see. Thanks for posting.

SimfulSimmer likes this.
  6. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

It's taken a while for the art to grow on me. There are still some atrocities hidden in there (c'mon, there's one hair that looks like plant leaves if you colour it green, and the afros look like large beach rocks! :eek:). Still, a few dodgy hairs out of all of them isn't anything to complain about really; it's easy enough to just not use them. Most of the hairs are actually really nice! Same as when I first saw Willow Creek, I thought it seemed flat and textureless; like playing Sims 3 in low graphics, but now I've had a chance to get used to it, I actually like the more Pixar-looking stylised art of Sims 4.

SimfulSimmer and htairchix like this.
  7. Vorsaken

Vorsaken

The lighting in Sims 4 is so much better. I prefer the Sims 4 art style honestly.

8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I've not been sure about the new art style, too. I think we all expected the game to go more into the direction of realism, not really thinking about what that would mean for the game. All in all, I've grown to like it. Is has a certain charm and it fits the overall quirkiness of the franchise. If we are being honest, can you imagine how weird it would look to see a photorealistic Sim spin aroung to change their clothes? It would also get a little dangerous for the rating, with Sims burning to death and being electrocuted and all...

htairchix likes this.
  9. GeorgefPlay

GeorgefPlay Staff Member

I really like it. Especially the lighting, I LOVE the lighting in the game. I also really like how trees/bushes/flowers look in the game, they were atrocious in TS3. The only downside is the textures, to be honest they could be a lot more detailed.

10. Coblin King

Coblin King

I actually love the new love style, it's very clean and slick, very focused, but also very warm. The Sims 3 didn't have a style, it was trying to be realistic, but it was just bland and the sims were looking a bit creepy.
    To make a simple comparison:
    The Sims 4 art style is like someone put Team Fortress 2 and The Incredibles into a shiny blender.
    The Sims 3 art style is basically the Polar Express.