1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Origin Update Issue?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jarron, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jarron

Jarron

Per this news post- http://simsvip.com/2016/04/28/origin-update-april-28th-2016/

Usually when I open origin, I get a prompt that it needs updating. I let it update- easy-peasy. It's been two days since the news post and I haven't gotten a notice yet to update.

Furthermore, when I manually update to the most current version, I am told I already have that version installed, but the version Origin shows is not the current version.

Pictures may explain better. Any thoughts? most recent 0.jpg most recent 2.jpg Most Recent 1.jpg

2. Jarron

Jarron

No ideas, anyone?

3. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Did you get this figured out?

4. Jarron

Jarron

Actually, no, and I gave up worrying about it.

I uninstalled and deleted and cleared registry keys, and reinstalled Origin.. Origin then updated with the 9.12.1 version on its own... It said 9.12.1 and the zip file says 9.12.1 so I was, YAY!

But when I looked the version was still reading as the old 9.12.0. Again I tried manually updating but it told me I had the most current version. So I said, you win Origin! You win!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. Kit

What did EA support say?

6. Jarron

Jarron

They were as helpful as always. They told me to do everything I had already done. And then they said they don't know.

7. Kit

Is the Origin not running or is it just the version not updating in the readme?

8. Jarron

Jarron

So far everything is working, its just not reflecting the update in the readme. I hope.

9. Kit

It might just be an oversight on the readme somewhere. As long as it works, I wouldn't worry.