1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Other households don't earn money

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Breepell, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Breepell

Breepell

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is a technical issue or if it's something that the game developers decided to not put in but I've noticed that when you're playing one household and then leave to play another one that previous household doesn't earn any money.

2. Meka3514

Meka3514

Unfortunately, there's no story progression in Sims outside your household. They only age (if you have that selected in your game).

3. Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Yes- such a shame. I hate that their's no story progression in the game! That was the main thing I liked about Sims 3. I know lots of people didn't like it but I think they should have kept it as an option. Feels like a real step back to me. :/

4. Meka3514

Meka3514

Yeah it is a bummer that there's no story progression but there is a forum on here with a tutorial that allows you to manipulate who gets married, has kids, etc. via Manage Worlds. Definitely not the same, as a natural progression, but I did use this today to manipulate all my families the way I wanted them. Hope this help. Happy Simming!
    http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/do-it-yourself-story-progression.354/

5. Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Thanks Meka. I'll definitely try that out. Hope one day they make it so I don't have to manually intervene!