1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Overpowered Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Kelisonfire, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Kelisonfire

Kelisonfire

I recently purchased a new computer for school and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 780 GTX graphics card. I noticed that this card was supported but overpowered so therefore, not recommended. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would cause glitches in my game or if the game would run well with it anyways. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

What do you mean by "overpowered" ?

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

If you mean recommended as in "not mentioned in the recommended requirements", then you don't need to worry. Every graphics card that is more powerfull than the one mentioned is also recommended. The recommended requirements are not THE best setup to play the game with, they are one of the lower or cheaper setups that are still able to play the game on highest settings.

4. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

The recommended graphics cards are optimized for use with little problems. Any graphic cards above the recommended ones would and should work. However, the GTX 780 is a really good card, I wouldn't say it was overpowered for a game like this. Now, running the Sims 2 on higher end graphic cards may cause minor lag because the video card is "too good".

Run the Nvidia GTX Titan Z and that's a whole different story.

5. Kelisonfire

Kelisonfire

6. RaptorX8

RaptorX8

The only issue is that the game might not recognize your graphics card and then you just have to adjust the settings yourself. I had that issue with the Sims 3.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

It's a possibility with older games, but with newer games, less likely.