1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Power/water turn off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyziulka, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I just wonder if any of you try not to pay bills. I wanted to find out what's gonna happen so I didn't pay them. I got notice that power will be turn off and after 24h it was turn off. My sim wanted to use computer so I went to library and... he couldn't use computer because power was turn off! It's like they turn off power for this sim and whenever he went he couldn't use anything electronic (but light was off only on his lot). I didn't wait till they turn off water too because I assume he won;t be able to use shower in gym ether.

Just wonder if that was intentional or just a bug ;)

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I doubt that it's intentional. They didn't make it sound like the power and water would be shut off for the whole world. I'd suggest posting it in crinrict's bug reports if you don't find it there already.

3. Anna

Anna

I have played quite a bit and so far my sims have gotten bills only once.

4. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

Bills came once a week - every Monday I think, except first. I plays for 20 sim days and had bills twice I think ;)

5. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I try to look at it later and report it ;)

6. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Well the bills are actually VERY expensive. I saw a bill for 12k. And that IS intended.

So having 12k bills every week sounds impossible to achieve.

7. doll

doll

Speaking of 12k bills, my first bill was just over 1k, I was surprised it was that high. But money comes in rather easy, so.

8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

It's based on your lot value. The more expensive things you buy the more the bill goes up. By basing it on your lot value it kind of keeps it based on your income, because how could you afford all that stuff but not the bill- which is a fraction of the lot value?

9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I started a legacy and it's a one room efficiency on a 50x50(?) lot and for the 3 sim weeks I've been playing the bill has been under 400.

EDIT: SPELLING