1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Price Drop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

I am wondering if there is going to be a price drop sooner rather than later. Why I say this is on many sites like Amazon, Sims 4 is getting slammed hard with not so great ratings. While it is leading strong with sales currently that may quickly taper off. I do not foresee this being like Sim City but I am curious to see if sales go stale combined with a large base of negative reviews will the price nudge down. It will be fascinating to watch :).

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

The games only been out for a week; I certainly don't see one happening yet! :p If there's going to be a sale, then it'll be for a reason; such as the Christmas/Boxing Day/Black Friday/New Year sales - I honestly don't think one will happen just for Sims 4, for no reason - it'll be part of the bigger sales.

3. Cody

Cody

I was think with how Sim City worked. With sales having stalled and the overwhelming wave of negative reviews they quickly began slashing the price.

Furthermore it seems that Sims 4 has some rather large bugs in it. I know that this comes with the territory but people reasonable so will express their unhappiness. If they release a game it needs to function and there are many things that are not functioning.

thatsimsgirl likes this.
  4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Ah, I was late to the party with that one - I didn't get SimCity until offline mode was put in! Still, I don't think there's enough bad reviews of TS4 to warrant a price slash; it just debuted at the top of the UK game charts on all platforms! :cool:

If there was a survey, taken by ALL simmers, I'd be willing to bet that the amount of positivity about it would be well up in the 70% range. I think the problem with online reviews like eBay or Amazon (and I'll hold my hands up and admit doing this as well), people only leave reviews if they've had a bad experience with a product; not many stop and leave reviews if everything is perfectly fine with it. So what's perceived as a mass of bad reviews, is still only a minority of the sales; they're just more eager to voice their opinion than those of us who are happy with it... probably because we were too eager to delve into the game! :p

5. Cody

Cody

SimCity also had strong sales initially. Bad reviews can have a strong effect on price, even if the reviews are not directly effecting the sales places like Amazon get put in a corner to price drop which they have done. Many have yet to buy Sims 4 and with reviews that are negative (whether or not if the game is good or not) will dissuade them from buying. While many favor Sims 4 it is a strong shared consensus while that it has many positive attributes that for the price it is not worth it. A large part of reviewers/regular people have said to hold off until the price drops for it is expensive for what you get. This is going to influence people. Now I am not expecting a large rapid price drop like with Sim City but I do predict we may get a price drop sooner unless EA holds onto their guns. After all they learned they price nudging will do nothing lol.

6. SimsPOV

SimsPOV

I'm predicting on the Black Friday/Christmas sales, $4.99 for expansion packs for Sims 3 and $9.99 for Sims 3 base game! Lol...

Cody likes this.
  7. Cody

Cody

Also I am not saying there is going to be a price drop just that the conditions are looking to be right for one.

8. I think a lot of people are holding out till then, the price is ridiculously high right now.

Cody likes this.
  9. Cody

Cody

Sadly we have entered into a period where it is ok to sell console games for sixty dollars so why not PC games as well.

10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Give EA their money so they can start working on an expansion ASAP
    LOL

Kenia and Cody like this.