1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about CC.

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by Cate, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Cate

Cate

In the sims 3, I had CC.
    I'm a little confused on wheather this will affect my items or not. In the sims 3, CC would add new items, now CC seems to replace them. Can anyone clear this up for me?

2. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

Some custom content is designed into default and non-default replacements. A default replacement replaces a box in the game and substitutes it with the custom content. The non default keeps both and has them as separate things.

The Sims 3 had both, default replacement is easier and since this game is new they are still working on adding non-default custom content. Some creators just do it as a preference to get rid of ugly content. Time will come when non-default is popular in the Sims 4.

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

It's always easier for a creator to start with simple replacements when a new game comes out. That way you get to know how everything works without having to deal with technical stuff that much.
    Non-default content is always harder to make and it takes more time, but with creators getting more and more experienced with Sims 4, the number of non-default CC will increase. Sims 3 started out the same way.

Edit: Moved the thread over to the more appropriate CC Hub

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014