1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Script call failure on recolours

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by DerMonarch, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

So, this is a question for the CC creators and modders of our community. I've recently tried to get into recolouring for personal use and it worked out just fine as long as I sticked to clothing. Now, yesterday I tried my luck with recolouring a painting. I needed 8 swatches instead of the 3 offered by the original painting, so I followed the instructions on the Sims 4 Studio forums to have 3 seperate objects listed as one catalog item.

So far so good. As you can see below, all 8 swatches work just fine and can be selected as one item in the catalog.

[​IMG]

But here comes the problem. Using the design tool to change the displayed swatch only works as long as I choose one of the three swatches that were part of the original file. As soon as I choose one that belongs to one of the other .package files, I get a script call failure. I can kind of see the logic behind how the game would have trouble with using the texture of one file on the mesh of another, but I'm pretty sure that many CC creators use the PrototypeID method and it works out just fine.
    I did also try to merge the three files, thinking that it might allow the game to use all textures, but doing so only made Sims 4 Studio choose one of the files randomly and apply its textures to all swatches.

Now I am wondering whether I may be doing something wrong or am just missing something, because I am following these two tutorials step-by-step.

http://sims4studio.com/thread/318/recolor-object-sims-4-studio
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/328/merge-multiple-object-recolors-catalog

It is not really a big deal, since I can use the recolours and they work just fine as long as I don't use the design tool. But should I ever want to share a recolour, it would be nice to know how to get it working correctly.

Maybe someone more experienced with this could give me some advice?

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Ah, that seems to be the issue then. Thanks the link, I somehow did not find that thread myself. I am using the most recent version of S4S, which is why I was sure that I must have done something wrong. Seems like most CC creators who work with tons of swatches probably clone their meshes over to an object that already has enough of them.

Thanks again! :)

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member