1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Seasons Game Packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hejyyyyyy, Aug 13, 2015.

Does the idea of spliting the season EP to 3 seperate GPs that would be more detailed sound good?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hejyyyyyy

Hejyyyyyy

i just had an idea what if they split the season ep into 3 separate game packs?!
    1. Summer GP ,beaches summer activities festivals etc and an island mini world
    2.Winter GP ,a mountain kind of world where it always snows with skiing and snowboarding places and Christmas hannukah etc celebrations
    3. Spring GP +Autumn GP Combined ,with a world with flower fields and lakes and expand on gardening and activities and thanksgiving kind of celebration and cozy cafes with board games available for sims to play

2. Simmer517

Simmer517

I voted no just because I don't have the money, but Maxis is already working on seasons. Those were great ideas, and I can't wait to see what Maxis does!

3. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea

I'd have to say no, I'd rather pay in one lump sum rather than in different packs.

BonQuiQui667 and Machew like this.
  4. THESIMSGEEK1991

THESIMSGEEK1991

I rather it be in one pack that would be really dumb if yall slit it up

5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I say Yes if only it means that it would be more detailed and work better. I remember seasons had a few issues in the previously made Sims 3. Also It makes sense as some people may not like or want a certain season but also seasons do happen in real life no matter what.

6. Cinderellimouse

Cinderellimouse

*comes out of lurk-mode*

Yes and no.

Ideally I'd like a Seasons expansion to focus on the actual changes in the seasons, and the way that seasonal changes affect things like crops. I'd love it to be combined with farming and crafting, and to have a lovely community feel with harvest festivals, baking competitions, and things like that. Basic weather is important, because rain would auto-water crops, and frost would be bad for some plants. I'd love seasonal crops, so red berries that bare fruit in Winter, and a winter salad recipe. And I'd love preserve making back.

Then I'd love complimentary vacation game packs that add additional content for each season. So a hot tropical world which would add hammocks, tropical drinks, volleyball, etc. And a Mountain Resort world with skiing, snowboarding, and igloos, etc. They wouldn't exactly have weather, but the feeling would be created by clever terrain decoration, objects, and interactions (like in the Vacation world in TS1). So they would work well as standalones too.

Basic activities like splashing in puddles, sunbathing, and snowball fights should come with the Seasons/Farming expansion along with basic weather. But the destination packs could bring extra activities like you'd expect from worlds like that.

I can imagine some people would expect everything in one pack, but that's unrealistic. I think Seasons with basic weather and farming AND crafting AND community activities is already asking a lot from one expansion, it would probably be my favourite ever expansion! So the game packs would complement and extend the gameplay.

*goes back into lurk mode*

7. Brajan

Brajan

i gotta say no, and yes if it's a must. i mean it's better to have one exp like we had in previous games. then 4 seperate packs with 4 seasons which is kind of lame in my opinion. but if there's no other way then yeah yeas

8. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Seasons has to come in one way or another It doesn't matter how they do it to me but make it really good.

ShaylaJ likes this.