1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Settle Down or Live It Up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kit, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

When do you decide it's time to settle down and make your Sim pop out children? Do you wait until they are an adult or as soon as they are young adults? Or never? Do you rush them into relationships? Poor Abigail is about to become an adult with no romantic interest and I can't decide if she could settle. XD HER CLOCK IS TICKING!

upload_2015-8-12_21-4-19.png

MiffoShort1997 and 2HubbiesNLove like this.
  2. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

My husband (Barry) always gets my Sim a job and their cooking skill up to at least lvl 5 before he has them get married. I, on the other hand, will try to lvl up my Sim with lvl 10 in each skill category, reach promotion lvl 7, and expand their home before I take my sim on the town to meet a romantic interest and have them married. My sim is usually mid-way to elder stage by the time they start to have children.

Bryan

3. Kit

@2HubbiesNLove I've never really stuck with one Sim long enough to get them level 10 and have a max career, so that's what Abigail has been doing. She's almost there and she just got rejected on her first flirt she's ever made by her best friend. Poor thing. Lol.

4. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

My one Sim... Misty Mourning... she has a vintage Victorian charm about her. She's kind of bipolar because I made her Cheerful, Gloomy and Creative. She's a best-selling author writing poetry and fantasy novels, she loves to play the piano, and as a hobby she enjoys painting masterpieces. When I started with her I got her writing to lvl 10, her piano to lvl 10 and her painting to lvl 10. Then I worked on her cooking and baking up to lvl 10. Once I got that finished I had her work on charisma, comedy, logic and handiness to lvl 10 which felt like forever. By then she was writing best-sellers and I got her a job as a doctor which was easy IMO and she was making $3,000.00 a day including the promotions and a couple of raises. I had her marry this preppy looking guy which once they were married I changed his appearance... but she had twins that I named "Monday Mourning" and she's mischievous and evil and her other daughter, "Dementia Mourning" is anything but insane. They have this awesome Addam's Family appearance about them.

Kit likes this.
  5. Kit

@2HubbiesNLove Do you have them available on the gallery? Or maybe you could even share some screenshots! XD Cuz I'd love to see them!

2HubbiesNLove likes this.
  6. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

@Kit- I can upload them to the gallery tomorrow. Our origin ID is Vampiricdreams31 you can add us if you want... anybody who would be interested that is... I have to work tomorrow 9am-7pm eastern/atlantic standard time. But I will definitely get them uploaded to the gallery, as well as my Patty Cakes Cupcakes lot and my Everyday Sundaes lot once I finish it.

Bryan

7. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

For a legacy, I usually have my Sims wait until they're adults so they can work and level their skills for the first or so generations. After that, it's late young adulthood since my Sims will be living comfortably by then and I want them to see some grandkids before they kick the bucket.

Kit likes this.
  8. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

@Kit Well basing this on real life I want to have a child by the time I am 25 which for me is less than 10 years times! (God! I'm getting old!!) and I think I would like to base that in the Sims as well :) I think when you're a young adult in Sims it is time to have kids, then when you are an adult you can try and climb to the top of your career to provide for your loving family and then when you're an elder it is time to retire and live on the money you earned during your youth :)

That's how I live family play in the Sims games :)

Matthew.

benji_br likes this.
  9. Harry

Harry

I'm a big family player so usually I start with a single sim, get them hitched within the first week of their life. Pop out a few kids and follow the kids through their life. But then I get the kids to settle down lol. I don't usually ever send my sims out to bars or anything (which is why Get Together looked so mediocre when I first saw the trailer) but the Sims 4 is sorta forcing me to do that because of the lack of family content. But that's not a bad thing. Like I thought I wouldn't enjoy the spas much but that's basically where I send all my sims lol.
    Anyway that got off topic. I have my sims settle down, have kids, focus on the kids and move them out and start all over.

benji_br, Pyziulka and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  10. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I do it completely based on the sim. If they're self-assured and ambitious sims I wait until they're pretty high up in their career, but if they're more of a suzie home maker type or I decide to make them stricly self employed by painting or writing etc then I'll start right away.

MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.