1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims 4 Now Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

For those who have had more time to play Sims 4 what are you thoughts now? Have they changed from your first impression, just spill the beans like a bag of pinto!

I still love Sims 4 and it feels so right it feels wrong as in how can a game feel this good! Where is the catch!? However I have defiantly ran into a few road blocks that thankfully I know will be cured in the future. Like in build mode I love the very distinct defined categories given to us but there are few items that seek to break the mold. A example of this is fencing. There are no low lying borders for gardens except for the two iron styles. Doors, windows, really everything falls in a narrow selection of style which is fantastic in that they made the styles fleshed out but building creatively proves difficult. Do I want to build a modern, Spanish, or classic style home? If I want to adventure out of these three defined categories....nope not going to happen. It bothered me with Sims 3 that they would lightly touch on a style with only a few styles being fully explored leaving a hodge podge of build items. So I am appreciative with the new more focused direction they have gone but it is currently frustrating. As a side note I hope that with future EPs they continue with this. EPs like Supernatural would give a general theme but it never felt complete. These three styles they have given us feel complete. I really hope they put forth the same effort to complete styles instead of us hoping that a future store set/ep/sp does.
    It is defiantly comforting to know the issues that I have found with Sims 4 can be cured. I only have small issues like the before mentioned limited style when in build/buy mode and NO VENDING MACHINES (WHY LORD WHY?!AHHH!!!) but my opinion has not changed really. Which goes into my next topic expansion packs.

With the first expansion pack looming around the corner (we all know it is coming soon) I am hyper ventilating. How well the expansion packs are made can make or break the game. How many of us kept hoping that the eps of Sims 3 would fill in a void that we could not explain. I want expansion packs that go beyond adding new elements but also adding to the core gameplay. While I do hope they chase grandiose ideas like with Island Paradise I also hope they do not loose the realization it is the small elements that leave a lasting and equally big impact. I understand there is not a defined list of what is necessary to the game and that with each EP they can only fit so much. One thing we can agree on though is some general concepts that need to be introduced earlier rather than later like Seasons. Core gameplay features were not added until the very end of Sims 3 and for me it was to late to wrangle my interest back in. Like the University EP, mind you it had its many faults like gaining a degree really did not have that large of an impact or give much incentive for generally speaking it only gave you a boost in already available careers but I am digressing. It was introduced so late in the game I had become so adjusted to the idea of my Sims not going to college/not needing it that it seemed like a frivolity despite how many great aspects it had. Despite ourselves over the years we become cemented in a overall specific routine and having core concepts that play a large role like weather turn into a more oh that is intriguing than wow it feels like I am playing a new game.

Boy have I gone on an off wall tangent that has no structure or reason ahem :)! So please going back to the first question I would like to know how you feel.
    ALSO WHY NO VENDING MAchinES WHY *SOB* My sims get hungry and they have to go home when a simple snack from a vending machine could be the cure!? WHY?! WHY!!!! They would be perfect in certain locations like the gym!!! WHY WHY WHY!!!! I NEED THEM! THOSE EVIL CRETINS DID NOT ADD THEM UNTIL UNIVERSITY?! DO NOT DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! A HUNDRED TIMES NO!!!! *rocks back and forth*....*cough* Ok I think I am done.....DID IT NOT BOTHER ANYONE ELSE THOSE FRIDGES IN SIMS 3!?! HOW MANY GyMS HAVE FRIDGES?!?!?!?! FOR PUBLIC ACCESSS! WHYYYYYY!!!! WHERE ARE THE VENDING MACHINESS!! *grabs paper bag* Calm yourself you must calm yourself it is going to be ok....NO IT IS NOT OK!

benji_br, uhleeshuh and MidnightPearl like this.
  2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I agree! i feel that they should add these new core additions sooner than later! I felt the same way about Uni in TS3, I had a lot of problems with that ep! It felt useless in my opinion because even if I felt my sim should go to college, they wouldn't even be able to complete a degree! SIGH so I just reveled in the new items and clothes and hair and such.
    I hope future eps in this game don't make us come to that- where we enjoy the new content rather than the addition to the game itself.
    My opinion of this game from my first impression to now if the same if not more happiness with it. I still have little problems here and there, but overall I feel that this was worth to diving into and continuing my 14 year addiction lol!
    My biggest problem that really upsets me is the missing Family Tree!!! I want to rip my hair out!!!

EDIT: Spelling lol I wrote this in the dark!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Cody, benji_br and kakira1 like this.
  3. kakira1

kakira1

Yes, I really miss that too, I NEED it :mad:
    Family is The Sims games heart, without Family Tree it's really empty... :oops:

4. Meka3514

Meka3514

I love TS4. I think it has great potential in the future. I'm excited to see what's upcoming. Each month, we'll be getting something (pools in November, careers in December) & hopefully a new EP in Jan or Feb so I have a lot to look forward to. I haven't touched TS3 since TS4 came out & probably never will. In TS3, there was just too much to do, too much content...so it was always hard for me to decide what to do, or maybe I was missing out on something else. I kind of like that in TS4, there's a centralized focus. & what I thought would be an issue (like loading screens) is so not an issue at all. I love the Gallery. It makes downloading other peoples creations so easy. However, the downside is that if you upload a family that has money or inventory items, when you download them into your game you lose everything. The only thing intact is the skills and career (which is a plus), but if that Sim had 200,000 simoleons, why start with only 20,000 or why lose what was in their inventory?

What is still a MAJOR problem for me is story progression. The fact that the other Sims aren't doing anything except aging, drives me crazy. I want them to live their lives without me intervening. They should be getting jobs, having skills, having babies, etc. It almost forces me to play scandalous....where my Sim has so many affairs just so there can be other babies & kids once they age up. I REALLY hope that they add story progression at some point down the line. Lastly, I think they need more venue types such as restaurants & movies.

Cody, uhleeshuh and kakira1 like this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yes, the exclusion of story progression is upsetting to me, but I can see EA thinking that excluding it would give people the opportunity to play multiple families in one game, but the problem is I have heard a lot of people having families deleted while playing multiple families on one saved game.
    I don't know about everyone else, but when I make a family I stick with them forever lol Just the way I like to play.
    Also doing that helps with the fact that the career unlockables and collections are per family not per game.
    I am hoping to get my one family have all collections complete and career objects unlocked one day lolol

6. benji_br

benji_br

I'm torn by this. I did miss playing multiple families when playing TS3, but now I feel like I can't keep up with my sims. For instance, when I select a household to play after playing with another, I see the relationships have changed, their weight have changed and all (and I chose that they wouldn't age).

But then, I don't know about playing a single family. I really dislike how they make zero relationships at work and school, I don't like that the only friends my sims make are the people they walk up to say hi, you know? It lacks context.

7. Cody

Cody

Not having story progression is little bother to me. I turn off the aging because I am unable to handle the pressure of time :(. The people around my sim whom I do not control seem really well simulated and consistent so they feel alive. Like I see the same people generally at the gym which makes sense and there are other facets. I love how places seem to have a schedule like the library being empty at night.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  8. Cody

Cody

Get a relationship mod (which there is one to slow the decay of the relationship) and a weight/muscle mod! These have made my game playable because the rate at which relationships decay is STAGGERING!!!

benji_br likes this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@Cody where are these mods and how do i install them into the game?? I've never played with mods but I do agree with you and @benji_br

benji_br likes this.
  10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I was always worried that mods would ruin my game or my computer lol